I have a 2008 USA Strat. I just got locking tuners for it. The neck has a string tree on it. Will a string tree have any negative effect with the locking tuners? I don't think I need it anymore, but I don't really want to take it out and just have a whole in the neck.
Earth without ART, is just Eh...
The whole in the neck won't be a big deal but if it bothers you simply glue a dowel in it, cut it to the surface and sand it down a bit. I would remove the string tree if you put locking tuners on so there is one less place where the string is being contacted which could possibly cause snagging etc
IIRC, string trees help keep tension in the strings, so if you remove the tree, you will get more fret buzz on the strings. The trees wouldn't have any negative affect on the locking tuners anyhow.
Wouldn't the locking tuners maintain the tension in the strings?
Quote by Somekid94
IIRC, string trees help keep tension in the strings, so if you remove the tree, you will get more fret buzz on the strings. The trees wouldn't have any negative affect on the locking tuners anyhow.

Guitars that have head stocks that are straighter with the neck
Fenders for example:

use the string trees to add tension to the nut.
Guitars that don't have string trees
Gibsons for example:

have a head stock that has more of an angle from the neck.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
There is a reason for the string trees on your guitar, it has nothing to do with having locking tuners or not, they keep the strings in the nut.
..is that a 12 string tele headstock
Quote by punk_rules_1997

Hi, I am looking for an amp setting close to the sound of bands like Black Veil Brides.

Quote by Eppicurt

Set everything to 12 o'clock.

Go from there.

lol

Jackson WRMG
Peavey Valveking 112
Pod HD300

Will buy guitars & guitar parts
PM me for info
Problem...

Since I was replacing the tuners, I took the saddles off to clean them because they were disgusting and I'm not sure which one goes to each string (if it matters). I can see that the two small screws in the front of the saddle are at different heights on each one so I'm guessing that would be the way to tell which one went to each string. I don't really want to set the intonation with the wrong saddle on the wrong string and have to redo it.

Please help.