cheap gibsons....wonderful
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
i like the prices... I wonder if the explorer melody maker is any good (may need a new guitar suddenly...)
All the MM except the SG and LP look fugly.

On the rest of the page, the Billy Morrison LP looks cool, but who the hell gave him a sig model when it takes Matt Heafy for-****ing ever to get just an endorcement?

Anyways, the BFG looks alright, and the Thunderhorse Explorer is orgasmic.

But in general, Gibson needs to stop making over 9000 different styles of the same 6 guitars.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Quote by NosralTserrof
All the MM except the SG and LP look fugly.

On the rest of the page, the Billy Morrison LP looks cool, but who the hell gave him a sig model when it takes Matt Heafy for-****ing ever to get just an endorcement?

Anyways, the BFG looks alright, and the Thunderhorse Explorer is orgasmic.

But in general, Gibson needs to stop making over 9000 different styles of the same 6 guitars.

Doesn't every guitar company do that?
The 60 Tribute models are supposed to be OK from recent reports.
Moving on.....
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
Doesn't every guitar company do that?

Well they don't release them every week like Gibson seems to be doing. I mean, I love Gibson so much, but I believe that it costs more to advertise and make these that the profits they make from the guitar.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
I would love one of those Explorer Melody Makers.

i want a black one and i would paint "eet fuk" on the side of the cream one...i can't believe they're full size explorers for so cheap
Quote by punk_rules_1997

Hi, I am looking for an amp setting close to the sound of bands like Black Veil Brides.

Quote by Eppicurt

Set everything to 12 o'clock.

Go from there.

lol

Jackson WRMG
Peavey Valveking 112
Pod HD300

Will buy guitars & guitar parts
PM me for info
I wonder how those Melody Makers' wrap-a-round bridge goes with palm muting. Might feel a tad different.

Obviously there's far more interesting stuff (such as the silverburst explo and the gothic MORTEs) there than those cheapos, just the first thing that came into my mind.
Quote by NosralTserrof
Well they don't release them every week like Gibson seems to be doing. I mean, I love Gibson so much, but I believe that it costs more to advertise and make these that the profits they make from the guitar.

I can't say it matters that much. These are just limited run models. They're not going to be there forever. I think Gibson wants to appeal to more kinds of guitarists.

We might see these Melody Makers comeback like the Tribute 60's did, depending how they sell. I think it's a pretty unique idea.
Quote by kandex
i want a black one and i would paint "eet fuk" on the side of the cream one...i can't believe they're full size explorers for so cheap

i dont think that the explorers mm have a full size body. look at how close the edges are to pups and bridge
Quote by valterra
You traded him a sword for the guitar? You do realize that a smart person would just agree to the trade, take the sword, slay you with it, keep all of the loot and call it a day, right?

....What are they teaching you kids in school these days?!
the flood is kinda sxy
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Please tell me those Melody Makers include an angled cable?

Because I guarantee I'll break a cable within a month of owning one with my straight-jack cables.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Wow Gibson is releasing some nice stuff! I am hoping, however they release some more of those Goldtops. Im thinking I would pick one of those up, just not crazy about dropping 850 on a black one.

BFG looks great too. Wish I could find one of those on the used market.

Flood LP is stupid. Studio with a cool finish

Melody Makerers look like good prices, but I can't imagine a 1 pickup Explorer...

Just my opinions!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Bleh, Melody makers...
If i was to get a gibson it would have to be fairly old
Green day.. Rammstein... I have weird musical taste
the MM's have maple bodies and those pickgaurds make them as fugly as hell on the V and Explorers

im cautious, especially at that price
Seriously fighting to not buy a flood LP...*drools at picture*
Fender Lone Star Stratocaster
Schecter C-1 Classic
Schecter C-1 SH
Peavey VK112
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Boss OS-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by sashki
539 for an american made guitar (especially a Gibson, who have been getting a lot of flak for overcharging for their brand name) is hilariously cheap. I suspect slave labour.

It does sound awfully too good to be true. Perhaps Korean parts assembled in the US?
Quote by 3lusiv3
It does sound awfully too good to be true. Perhaps Korean parts assembled in the US?

Gibsons use all american manufacturing, the only foreign parts that will be involved may be electronics or hardware, certinaley no veneers or particularly crappy wood. Thtas used on the epiphones mainly
Quote by sashki
539 for an american made guitar (especially a Gibson, who have been getting a lot of flak for overcharging for their brand name) is hilariously cheap. I suspect slave labour.

Hey, Godins are built in Canada at a price like that and they don't cheap out on everything. I've played some Melody Makers and they're quite nice. They're very simply built, nothing fancy, which is what probably keeps the cost down. Considering you can get a two-pickup SG Special, with a two-piece bridge and a full size peghead, for about $700, this seems about right.

Looks like this is going to be a new Guitar of the Week program. Which I can dig. Weird Gibsons are fun.

I played one of the '60 Studios at GC the other day and it pretty much blew me away. Power and jangle from one guitar...
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
Last edited by sonic_777111 at Apr 17, 2011,
Quote by repairmanjack

I would love one of those, too.

Except... I've found out most of the blue ones are sold out.

First of all I hated that headstock on that Explorer MM, but I think it's growing on me.
[Gibson Explorer]
[Ibanez RG1XXV]
[Line6 PodHD]
[ENGL Retro Tube 100]
[Dunlop CryBaby]
Really digging the price of the Explorer/Flying V models.. But the headstock is ugly as shit.

That being said, I don't think I'd like the body size or the wrap around bridge. And I would hate not having a tone knob..

Ah screw it. I hate 24.75" scale lengths too.

BAH HUMBUG
Quote by repairmanjack

+1

That thing looks sweet!
Current Gear:
2002 Gibson Les Paul Standard
'57 AVRI Fender Stratocaster
MIJ Fender Jaguar Special HH
Marshall JVM410
Vox AC15 C2