My other thread started going in a completely different direction, so I felt like I should make a new one. Basically, I'm looking for an amp to replace my valveking 112 with the following requirements:

- Tube/Hybrid
- Preferably head/cab
- Good sound for metal (Metallica, Opeth-ish) as well as blues and rock. Good cleans also a definite plus.
- Quiet enough to get a decent sound in a dorm, but enough for jams w/ a drummer and small gigs

Right now, I'm thinking a Blackstar HT-20h or an Egnater Tweaker, each with their respective cabs. The Egnater I'm worried can't get the heavy tones, but the cleans just sound phenomenal, and maybe I can achieve metal with a pedal.

Any other suggestions/opinions? The Blackstar is about the most I can probably pay by when I'd want to get it.
Budget,generes you play,city,new or used
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
Quote by deepsal
Budget,generes you play,city,new or used

First two of those are in the original post in some form... but budget is probably about $700 at the absolute most to put it more concretely. City is Raleigh, NC, and I'd be willing to go used. But new would be preferable, as I've been shafted by CL before.
a used Egnater rebel 30 or a Jet City 50 watt head. You could find a Bogner Alchemist in that price range too.
Current Rig:

Eppy SG w/Swineheads, Marshall DSL 5c, Joyo Vintage OD, Joyo British Sound, Sounds Sounds Fuzz Face, GGG Guv'nor, Dr. Boogie Pedal, Crybaby in Red Sparkle, Digitech Hardwire Delay

The things I would do for a Les Paul...
Quote by Mybleedinglung8
a used Egnater rebel 30 or a Jet City 50 watt head. You could find a Bogner Alchemist in that price range too.

I've actually been looking at Jet City stuff, but I've heard they can't really do cleans past a certain volume. That being said, I've heard the same about Blackstar, and I doubt I'd be going that insanely loud anyways (just really need to be heard over a drummer). The GC near me has a rebel 30, I think, so I may try that out next trip I take over there.