So, I just moved and had all my stuff shipped to me. It was packed really well but somehow something shifted onto my peavey xxx 212 just right that it broke the shaft off of 3 of the control pots.
I'm good with electronics, as is my dad, but I wanted to know if changing the pots on an amp is more difficult than, say, a guitar or pedal? I think I can handle it but I want some input before I try to tackle this- I dont wanna mess up my favorite amp!

thanks in advance!
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
it's not too tough. be aware that tube amps can hold dangerous voltages though, just for a note on safety

as long as you replace the pots with pots of the same value and taper and wire them correctly, your amp will be just fine
I just did all 7 pots on my little old amp because it got left in a shed for too long and a couple of them were very stiff. Plus there was this scratchy noise that I thought was in one of them, turned out to be somewhere else, different story... Anyways, replacing pots in an amp is a bit different than in a guitar because they are usually pins through a circuit board, whereas in a guitar they are often wider connectors with that little hole to poke a wire in. Some times its tricky to get them off the circuit board in one piece, but if they're smashed up you dont care. I think the most difficult part for me was getting the board out of its mounting spot so I could work on it. And like what James said, replace with exactly the same value and taper.
don't try and ground yourself on the amp. i had a small voltage one i was modding (thankfully), gave me a nasty shock.
Its been sitting unplugged and unused in the shipping container for about a month now. would the charge have drained yet?
Quote by magnus_maximus

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
kk, thanks everybody! I'm gonna try to tackle this next weekend.
Quote by magnus_maximus

Quote by Albino_Rhino
a lot of times amps have board mounted pots, meaning the pots themselves are soldered directly to the circuit board. so if you replace the pot with a typical pot, you might need to use wire jumpers from the board to the pot. another common thing is more modern amps frequently use the mini style pots, you might not have space for a full size pot.