Has anyone ever used it? and also I want to know if I could amplitubes effects on my guitar by recording my guitar using only a double ended 3.5mm from my amp to my microphone port on my pc? or would I need some special set up?

Aside from the amplitube question...

I need to know what all do I need to have a legit recording set up. I want to be able to record my guitar onto my computer so that I can upload videos to youtube. I see videos where people play guitar and they have the guitar amp sound coming through the camera mic, which is sometimes good quality but its bad half the time too, then I see videos where I hear the guitar as if I'm listening to the amp right next to me, crystal clear sound. I heard something like line 6 pod or something does this but I'm not sure.
Last edited by Who Sh0t Ya HxO at Apr 16, 2011,
I tried doing that for a while... It worked but the delay was like 5 secs.. so i play somthing and 5 seconds later i hear it through the computer. Im not using that way anymore since i just bought a Line 6 POD Gx which is amazing and has no delay
@CruelXD

Ewww... I just looked on guitar center for that Line 6 POD Gx and based on 6 reviews it has an average of 2 stars.
@Who Sh0t Ya HxO

Go ask around and they will say its awesome :P.. Also why did they say its bad?
1 star:

Awesome product...but VERY cheaply made and unreliable. I have had two of them in the last two years...and they both died on me!

1 star:

I bought the GX from a local dealer and it only lasted one month. One channel went out. POD far is good but the interface is to cheap and not worth the money

1 star:

Where to begin? Mine has so many problems, it's no wonder Line6 is constantly issuing new updates to fix . But don't take my word for it, go to the company's website and do a search for "GX" on the support page to see for yourself. Line6 pedals have never let me down in the past, but I'm tossing this thing in the trash.

Two people gave it 5 stars but in they called it "decent"

I'm just gonna go for Behringer Guitar Link UCG102. It's 34 dollars so thats a big plus and everyone gave it positive reviews for the most part, has an average of 4 stars out of 10 reviews.
i use amplitube 3 and love it, no problems at all and get great tones out of it. If your patient and dont mind taking the time to really get a good tone, i'm sure you will like it too
USA Jackson RR1, Carvin Custom 7 String, Peavey 6505+, Krank Krankenstein Cabinet, Carvin Power Conditioner, Line 6 G 90 Wireless, BBE Sonic Maximizer, Full tone OCD Overdrive, ISP Decimator, Boss TU 2 Tuner
Quote by Who Sh0t Ya HxO
Has anyone ever used it? and also I want to know if I could amplitubes effects on my guitar by recording my guitar using only a double ended 3.5mm from my amp to my microphone port on my pc? or would I need some special set up?

Aside from the amplitube question...

I need to know what all do I need to have a legit recording set up. I want to be able to record my guitar onto my computer so that I can upload videos to youtube. I see videos where people play guitar and they have the guitar amp sound coming through the camera mic, which is sometimes good quality but its bad half the time too, then I see videos where I hear the guitar as if I'm listening to the amp right next to me, crystal clear sound. I heard something like line 6 pod or something does this but I'm not sure.

If your going to get an interface from Line 6 get the POD UX2 its the only one worth the money of the GX, UX1, and UX2. The huge benefit to this is the POD FARM software.

Also check out the M-Audio Fast track series some good stuff there as well.

Then of course the Focusrite Saffire is a popular choice I hear, and am interested in myself and would have to consider if I needed to buy a two channel or less interface.

I use to use a Lexicon Lambda I was very happy with and think it or the Alpha would be good for getting into recording.
No POD Farm is an amp simulator. There are a few drum programs out there (assuming you mean to program drums), but idk any cheap ones but I do know there are a few people on here that use them.

A lost of people use EZ Drummer which I think cost $90, but I have no experience with it so idk how good it really is.
I got EZ drummer but I'm a noob with it.

EDIT: lookin at that line 6 pod ux1 on youtube and it sounds amazing.
Last edited by Who Sh0t Ya HxO at Apr 16, 2011,
that bad thing about the ux1 (as opposed to the ux2) is there is no phantom power for microphones if you ever want to use a condesnor mic like for vocals or acoustic guitar
I'd recommend using Impulses with Amplitube as they sound 10x better than Amplitube's cab simulators.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0nVsmoiEUk
Quote by FireHawk
that bad thing about the ux1 (as opposed to the ux2) is there is no phantom power for microphones if you ever want to use a condesnor mic like for vocals or acoustic guitar

You can still use dynamic mics. I doubt anyone using a pod interface is going to get their hands on a decent condenser mic anyway, you'd be better off getting an interface with a mic pre that doesn't blow goats.

Go with the UX1, great little unit for the price, had mine for a year now and it never broke or failed, though beware of shitty drivers when dealing with Line 6. Actually come to think of it you'd be better off just getting a different brand if you're using Windows 7 considering how piss poor the drivers are for that system. Works fine with some computers, others get BSOD 24/7, usually there is no fix. Pod farm is pretty underwhelming anyway compared to the free amp sims out there.
Last edited by Ascendant at Apr 17, 2011,