College is officially over, except for our final exams.

Everyone's been placed at a job/ going to uni / whatever.

Now one of my friends who didn't have enough attendance at lectures (she works at the placement committee), has been debarred from the examinations.
Effectively, she's got to wait for another semester before she can re-take the exams.
Unfortunately, her job starts in June and she wont be done with the exams by then.
There's a chance she will lose the job because of this.

Now pit...you've known to be nice at times.
How do we go about cheering up this friend?
(I ask because im not the best at this kind of thing...)

Cheers.
inb4 sex

EDIT: But srsly, just try to support her and be there for her when she needs you. That's pretty much all you can really do in this situation.
Last edited by Jon777 at Apr 16, 2011,
That sounds real difficult bro

I wish I could help, but I can't even cheer myself up, let alone another person
take her out for a fun night, get drunk then take a taxi or drive home and sleep with her. She'll forget all about it haha.
Quote by cisco444
take her out for a fun night, get drunk then take a taxi or drive home and sleep with her. She'll forget all about it haha.

Because she'll be busy wondering why shes so hungover and who the heck is next to her.
I was voted least likely to survive the inevitable zombie apocalypse in high school.
Re-enact this scene and all will be well
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
Tie her hands and ankles to a bed, and play Friday over and over and over again. It may not cheer her up, but she'll appreciate life a whole lot more after.
Dick in a box?
Quote by Fucking loads of people who were appeasing me in order for me to write
blues_to_thrash, you are the master of epic lulz

My Music

2K11
Quote by SkepsisMetal
Tie her hands and ankles to a bed, and play Friday over and over and over again. It may not cheer her up, but she'll appreciate life a whole lot more after.

and get him arrested.
Bluntfest?

Its always a good way to cheer me up.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by Jon777
EDIT: But srsly, just try to support her and be there for her when she needs you. That's pretty much all you can really do in this situation.

Yeah i guess.
It's just that our group has been down all day because of this.
It made for a pretty shitty last few hours at college..

Quote by frankv
Wow, that's a pretty shitty situation.

I'm not much help though, I suffer from the same syndrome.

Quote by ali.guitarkid7
That sounds real difficult bro

I wish I could help, but I can't even cheer myself up, let alone another person

Aye, terrible.
Also...there seems to be a club of some sort, of people who suck at consoling.

Quote by aeromakesmusic
show her this thread to show her you went out of your way to find ways to cheer her up.

Nah...that'd probably do more harm than good, seeing all the other responses on here.
Quote by unet
Nah...that'd probably do more harm than good, seeing all the other responses on here.

Or you get some positive responses from her
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
take her to a place where the stars are clear, bring loud speakers, sit and lie in the stars, listen to the dark side of the moon (whole album) by pink floyd and teach her that music is all that matters.

pot is optional, and recommended.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by blues_to_thrash
Dick in a box?

^this is the only answer

And maybe you'll actually get to use it on her too if she doesn't rip it off in rage
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Um...no.
Also, she's dating one of my best friends. It'd be like incest. :S

Quote by laid-to-waste
take her to a place where the stars are clear, bring loud speakers, sit and lie in the stars, listen to the dark side of the moon (whole album) by pink floyd

Your suggestion has been taken into consideration.
Quote by unet
Um...no.

I'm fairly certain you don't know what incest means.
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

If she doesn't get this job, will she be able to find another one okay? I'm assuming from the way you phrased the OP that these jobs are set up for you, but a college graduate in the end is always going to have a decent chance at getting most any job, even if the major doesn't match the job.

So basically you should tell her that more opportunities will come and she'll have a head start in terms of job hunting if it comes to that.

Also go to a theater with her and watch a feel good comedy.
Quote by unet
Um...no.

Your suggestion has been taken into consideration.

then ask your friend first if it we be okay, and have a threesome?

no, but i second the "listen to The Dark Side of the Moon" suggestion.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by laid-to-waste
take her to a place where the stars are clear, bring loud speakers, sit and lie in the stars, listen to the dark side of the moon (whole album) by pink floyd and teach her that music is all that matters.

I done almost that, but with some other album can't remember. The ****ing best thing ever!!
Just be there for her, talk to her about what she wants to talk about, bring up her positive qualities and talk about them.