Page 1 of 2
Already registered. Most people I know have as well. Seems to be a lot more young people getting ready to vote this year! I'll be voting Liberal, but damn... Did you see Jack Layton tear it up on the debate? I was very impressed.
If I were Canadian I would have voted him out - until I saw this thread ordering me to do it. Now I wish I could vote for him just to spite you.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by rgrockr
If I were Canadian I would have voted him out - until I saw this thread ordering me to do it. Now I wish I could vote for him just to spite you.

K.

edit: I also told you to vote, I did not tell you who to vote for. I then proceeded to supply you with a link to a website stating many horrible things our current Prime Minister Stephy Herpes has done, followed by my own opinion that we should remove him from office.
Last edited by ultimatedaver at Apr 16, 2011,
I'm going to vote for him so they can make that website even bigger and more interesting.
ಥ_ಥ
I'm not of legal age yet, but anywho, nobody gives a flying f*** about your political point of view. You don't like Harper, whoop-di-doo.
Quote by JC13
Already registered. Most people I know have as well. Seems to be a lot more young people getting ready to vote this year! I'll be voting Liberal, but damn... Did you see Jack Layton tear it up on the debate? I was very impressed.

I want to see the day where Jack Layton represents our country at the G8/20/whatever. He just seems like the most chill dude ever.

Quote by Soccerguy
I'm not of legal age yet, but anywho, nobody gives a flying f*** about your political point of view. You don't like Harper, whoop-di-doo.

K.

Also, I'm sorry you've been brainwashed.
I wish I could vote, NDP ftw. They seem like the first party to care about Québec that aren't asses (cough cough Bloc cough cough ), plus Jack Layton is a badass mother****er.

EDIT: But also, a minority government really isn't what we need right now...and between Harper and Ignatieff, I'd rather Harper. I mean, judging by the debates, all Ignatieff said he'd do would be "An Alternative, liberal government". That's nice and all, but maybe he could, you know, tell us what he'd do as an "alternative, liberal government".
"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss
Last edited by Rancid Ivy at Apr 16, 2011,
To be honest, I'm finding it difficult in choosing which party to vote for. I doubt the Green, Bloc, or NDP is going to win and even then, I'm not going to vote for them due to lack of experience. I also don't like how Ignatieff suddenly comes back and runs for PM. I doubt he knows too much about Canadian history, though, running the country is a different story.

Stephan Harper isn't a GREAT prime minister; he's kind of a liar haha, but I don't think he's that bad either. It's a shame how we're using $300 M for an election just for Ignatieff.

Despite that, the only way I can see the Liberals win is if Ignatieff forms a coalition... which he's obviously NOT going to do.
Quote by Rancid Ivy
I wish I could vote, NDP ftw. They seem like the first party to care about Québec that aren't asses (cough cough Bloc cough cough ), plus Jack Layton is a badass mother****er.

EDIT: But also, a minority government really isn't what we need right now...and between Harper and Ignatieff, I'd rather Harper. I mean, judging by the debates, all Ignatieff said he'd do would be "An Alternative, liberal government". That's nice and all, but maybe he could, you know, tell us what he'd do as an "alternative, liberal government".

Iggy has had an entire platform in a convenient PDF file on the LPC website since the beginning of the election. Plus he's gone over in detail with the media over the last month exactly what he would try to do if he was PM. What he was doing during the debates was to bring to light Harper's complete disregard for democracy and parliamentary process if for no other reason than to encourage the 800,000 Liberal voters that didn't turn out at the last election, mainly due to lack of interest, to get off their asses and vote. Hopefully it worked.
I'm voting Liberal solely to do my part at trying to get rid of that scrotum sucking monster (reaction formation and all that jazz).

That being said, this thread is entirely unnecessary.
Quote by Soccerguy

Yes but your 16 probably not very smart and listen to metal.
Therefore your views = meaningless.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
I'm voting Liberal solely to do my part at trying to get rid of that scrotum sucking monster (reaction formation and all that jazz).

Despite posting in it...
Quote by Thrashtastic15

This thread is necessary because 75% of 18-24 year olds do not vote.

Then they complain about Harper.

I'm gonna vote, then complain about Harper.
I want Jack Layton in just because of this

Quote by maidenrulz19
When playing any pokemon game and encountering a fisherman with 5 or 6 FUCKING MAGIKARP!!!!!!! I mean the thing is useless and it only gives like 7 exp points each. Yeah eventually that guy can have an army of gyarados but still.
I'd rather vote for the Rhinos. No use voting for the Greens as marijuana could be legal soon anyway. Their entire platform promises would be fulfilled before they even (if ever) get in power.
ಥ_ಥ
I'm voting Liberal, as usual. Though i do know that the Conservatives are going to win, which is both a shame (since i do not believe in their vision of Canada), and a travesty (since in Quebec the PQ are probably going to win the next election and want a referendum)
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Last edited by Drmckool at Apr 16, 2011,
Quote by CaptainRon
hai guyz i heard the ignateff didnt come back for us

Anyway, I'm voting for the BQ. Does anybody know who their candidate for Calgary Northeast is?

Yes vote for the BQ in Calgary.......
I leik music
Sure we didn't lose that much money during the scandal with the liberals, what like a few hundred million dollars or something? But I straight up don't trust them anymore because of that, they lost all credibility when that happened.

Now the conservatives, well they sure didn't have a good start considering the SNAFU situation they were put in, but considering what they did during the economic crisis, I'd say we were better off with them than without. Harper was just the guy to play it slow and safe when it happened. The rest of crap about him spending too much money on jets (that we need, besides our like 2 submarines that are bloody old and other equipment that is ridiculously outdated) is honestly something that can only be attributed to him being the punching bag for it. It has to get done one way or another, so Layton or Ignattief can thank him for taking one for the uhhhh, team... You get it. The other stuff about him spending too much on the Summit arrangements, well let's face it, it's government, they would have spent a shit ton of money on it anyways, big scandal, don't say you wouldn't see it coming either way.

Honestly, I just don't straight up trust anyone so I'm not sure if I'll even vote, which is really stupid I know, I hate myself for that, I haven't told anyone but I really don't think I'm going to vote. I just don't trust any party and don't see any potential besides Harper just keeping his straight steady, low-key course and not taking a surprise left turn and putting us in a ditch. It just seems dumb for to shake up parliament and for no real reasons. It sucks, but honestly I'm just in middle ground. We're in a time where there is so much information coming at us that it will always be a hair-splitting decision to make. It's a simple black or white.... Or Blue or Red (or green or....yellow?). It's just everything in a big massive diarrhea coming at you and the worst is that mostly they're all right and they're all wrong.

I don't know. I'm so torn that they each have my arm, of one of my legs and there's just nothing for me to vote on. I'd normally lean on Harper, but I listen to them all and their points and they all make sense and then I listen to more and it's more bullshit.
****in' hippies. The whole bunch of you.

If people wanted that queen Ignatieff and his band of smashed assholes in office, then they would've won the last election.

Conservatives gets my vote.
Quote by Colgate Total
****in' hippies. The whole bunch of you.

If people wanted that queen Ignatieff and his band of smashed assholes in office, then they would've won the last election.

Conservatives gets my vote.

Agree with you on that. I like your mentality. If you say you're so good then you would've won. Speaks pure truth right there.
By the way that site about Harper is insanely biased. I came upon something like ''Harper reduced pesticide regulations so that you could have more chemicals on your food''.

Like yes, that is an awesome way to get people to actually read what you have to say and have them analyze your opinion.

I think that was the 11th one I saw, probably the worst from what I read. I stopped reading it at that.
Quote by arsonite
I'd rather vote for the Rhinos. No use voting for the Greens as marijuana could be legal soon anyway. Their entire platform promises would be fulfilled before they even (if ever) get in power.

The party you're talking about is the Marijuana Party. The Green Party is more about about sustainable, long-term, renewable energy sources. They do promote legalization and taxation of marijuana, but that's just because it would produce lots of jobs and plenty of government revenue. And the funny thing is, in their budget they include a national campaign to DISCOURAGE marijuana use. There is a LOT more to their platform than just pot.
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
Last edited by Jimmy_Page_Zep at Apr 26, 2011,
I have a question for you Canadians and this seems to be as good a place as any. How big is your prime minister to your daily life? I ask because last summer I met someone from Canada and me being interested in politics, asked her a bunch of questions about the Canadian process and she couldn't answer them. That wasn't too surprising, since the average American would probably also not know them. But then, I was blanking on the name of the Prime Minister and then when I asked her who the Prime Minister was, she said she wasn't sure or couldn't remember.

In America, even the least politically aware person ever, knows Obama is the President. Is this a rarity for Canada or is this common?
Quote by C_Miller
I have a question for you Canadians and this seems to be as good a place as any. How big is your prime minister to your daily life? I ask because last summer I met someone from Canada and me being interested in politics, asked her a bunch of questions about the Canadian process and she couldn't answer them. That wasn't too surprising, since the average American would probably also not know them. But then, I was blanking on the name of the Prime Minister and then when I asked her who the Prime Minister was, she said she wasn't sure or couldn't remember.

In America, even the least politically aware person ever, knows Obama is the President. Is this a rarity for Canada or is this common?

Some people just don't follow politics. Remember, Obama campaigns were huge, compared to Canadian ones.

I'll be voting Liberal, I think I forgot to vote last time lol
Last edited by Steel8909 at Apr 26, 2011,
TS that website is bull shit...

I personally will be voting Conservative. Because I am sick and tired of having an election every 1-2 years. Let's get a majority government in Parliament and actually see some changes being made. Canada has been stagnant for a long time now due to the fact of parties voting everything down in a minority.

We need to adpot the States system of Government. If you are elected, you are there for 4 years. I am tired of this crap.
Quote by Yakult
Shooting mice is the equivalent to smoking weed: it's fun and seemingly harmless, but before you know it, you're shooting smack into every vein and murdering children left right and center.

GeEbZ.
I will be voting unfortunately, but I don't know who to vote for. I have so little confidence in all of the candidates but I have no way of showing that to Parliament, which is ridiculous. The only equivalent to spoiling your vote is voting Green or independent.
Nope. Voted Conservative. Layton and Ignatieff are both bad jokes. They present no real platform for me to base my decisions on. All they do is criticize Harper. That's why I refuse to vote Liberal, NDP, or other.

One key point I would like to mention: A lot of what Harper has been criticized for doing during his tenure as prime minister, the Liberals, Ignatieff, and Layton have supported. The deficit? Supported by both of them.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by Steel8909
Some people just don't follow politics. Remember, Obama campaigns were huge, compared to Canadian ones.

I'll be voting Liberal, I think I forgot to vote last time lol

Yeah, but at the same time, I feel like every President would know who the President is. The President is a major public figure. I guess I was asking if the PM of Canada is the same level of public figure.
Voting conservative. I don't agree with a lot of their platform but IMO they will be better for Canada.
Quote by captivate
Nope. Voted Conservative. Layton and Ignatieff are both bad jokes. They present no real platform for me to base my decisions on. All they do is criticize Harper. That's why I refuse to vote Liberal, NDP, or other.

One key point I would like to mention: A lot of what Harper has been criticized for doing during his tenure as prime minister, the Liberals, Ignatieff, and Layton have supported. The deficit? Supported by both of them.
That's where I'm torn. I'm sure if another government had been in power during a minority it would have been slapped with contempt of parliament charges as well.

That being said I have never voted Conservative, but you're totally right, the Liberals and NDP have based their entire campaign on what the fact that they are not the Conservative party.

I won't be voting Conservative simply because I disagree with them, but I don't like any other candidate either.
Quote by Inimical
The only equivalent to spoiling your vote is voting Green

I went with the rest of my family.. I voted Green like everyone else did. I'll feel bad if Harper gets a majority now.
Wow really? All this conservative love.
Harper likes helping the rich and leaving the poor in the dust.
He spent over 1 billion on the G20 summit security.
**** harper, if he had a majority last election he would have drove the economy into the ground
I leik music
im voting conservative.

dickwad TS.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Page 1 of 2