Page 1 of 3
What animal/insect/plant do you think evolution really screwed over? (Or god if you're religious)

Not tryna be offensive or anything.

I think it's the ant, all that power and organisation and not enough size.
They do look totally bad-ass if you zoom in on their face, a mix between and .

Begin.
Quote by WhiskeyFace
None of them? That's how evolution works

Thank god someone posted this earlier. Now I get to use it for other shit!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_common_misconceptions#Evolution

Evolution is not a progression from inferior to superior organisms, and it also does not necessarily result in an increase in complexity. A population can evolve to become simpler, having a smaller genome, but devolution is a misnomer.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
I'd say mosquitoes ... yeah they feed fishes and bats , but why do they need to suck your blood ???
- - - - - - - - - - -
I agree about the ants, actually. If they were a bit bigger, say like half the size of a mouse, they'd be rulers of the world.
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
Also the daddy-long-legs has the most poisonous venom in the world but no teeth, or something? It does have a ridiculously small body compared to the size of its legs though, I mean it does look straight up stupid.
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
Pandas. The idiots evolved to only have one child per couple, and only eat a certain type of bamboo (correct me if I'm wrong). Total evolutionary dead end.
Quote by Section 5
Also the daddy-long-legs has the most poisonous venom in the world but no teeth, or something? It does have a ridiculously small body compared to the size of its legs though, I mean it does look straight up stupid.

I thought that was a myth?
^^It is, it was on Mythbusters

Quote by BuckinFuffalo
yeeeaaah buddy, they suck XD

You suck

Must be the 4th excuse I've had to post this in the Pit now, but

Also

They look horrible, fly like a fucking spastic, and no one has any sympathy for them. They just get flattened.
I totally would say human's, yeah, we are the top of the chain, and I'm not ecologist or some of that shit, but we really are going to end destroying this planet unless before that we destoy ourselves, maybe both and the same time
Quote by Våd Hamster
Fuck yes you are the best poster ever

do you wanna hear a little piano composition I have just made?, I promise it don't totally sucks, you can hear it on my profile, any feedback would be really appreciated -C4C
I'd say at least humans are a good contender for this contest.

The female birth canal on a human is way too narrow and ill-formed for childbirth.

Our jaws are ill-formed, resulting in Temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ), which is caused by the closeness in proximity from the jaw and ear canal.

Our skeletons are such that the way we feel natural walking in isn't the most efficient.

We have a poorly interconnected respiratory system.

We have an ingrained "hunting season" mentality which leads to widespread obesity... it worked thousands of years ago when we feared we'd go long periods of time without food, but now it leads to overeating and eventual death in many (high cholesterol, heart disease, artery clogging, etc.).
Last edited by nincompoop at Apr 16, 2011,
Quote by andras67
I totally would say human's, yeah, we are the top of the chain, and I'm not ecologist or some of that shit, but we really are going to end destroying this planet unless before that we destoy ourselves, maybe both and the same time

You are wrong, we are so awesome that the whole planet isn't even a match to us.
Quote by nincompoop
I'd say at least humans are a good contender for this contest.

The female birth canal on a human is way too narrow and ill-formed for childbirth.

Our jaws are ill-formed, resulting in Temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ), which is caused by the closeness in proximity from the jaw and ear canal.

Our skeletons are such that the way we feel natural walking in isn't the most efficient.

We have a poorly interconnected respiratory system.

We have an ingrained "hunting season" mentality which leads to widespread obesity... it worked thousands of years ago when we feared we'd go long periods of time without food, but now it leads to overeating and eventual death in many (high cholesterol, heart disease, artery clogging, etc.).

not to mention pessimistic
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
This thread makes no sense. If an organism is around after millions of years of evolution, it means they have succesfully evolved... The organisms around nowadays are a product of millions years of making them perfect for ther surroudnings...
Quote by pwnerer
This thread makes no sense. If an organism is around after millions of years of evolution, it means they have succesfully evolved... The organisms around nowadays are a product of millions years of making them perfect for ther surroudnings...

+1
Quote by pwnerer

they're perfect for survival, their environment and reproduction, but what i think TS means is how evolution screwed over the quality of their life.
Quote by ninnipinni93
You are wrong, we are so awesome that the whole planet isn't even a match to us.

right.... let's see how awesome we are going to be without a planet to live in

as I say even if we don't destroy it or we find another place to live we are going to destroy ourselves, that would gonna to be the biggest slap in the face to evolution ever.
Quote by Våd Hamster
Fuck yes you are the best poster ever

do you wanna hear a little piano composition I have just made?, I promise it don't totally sucks, you can hear it on my profile, any feedback would be really appreciated -C4C
Quote by pwnerer

It does make sense, someone posted a link to wikipedia and it says that organisms don't necessarily evolve and become more complex.

Also, I'm not looking at it in a science-y way, just ya know, who got the short straw?

Don't diss mah threads man!
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
It does make sense, someone posted a link to wikipedia and it says that organisms don't necessarily evolve and become more complex.

Also, I'm not looking at it in a science-y way, just ya know, who got the short straw?

Don't diss mah threads man!

metallica
Manatees, they are slow moving and have been known to accidently kill themselves by swimming into docks. God I hate those things.
Humans.

I mean, what the hell? Why don't we have wings?

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
Quote by LordBishek
Nobody, because evolution does not exist, only the Almighty Lord.

+1, only not sure if you are just trolling and actually believe in it...

Evolution screwed over our future generations of kids, because now they are going to be more inclined to not believe in every Word of the Father the Son the Holy Ghost.
Quote by Fat Lard
+1, only not sure if you are just trolling and actually believe in it...

Evolution screwed over our future generations of kids, because now they are going to be more inclined to not believe in every Word of the Father the Son the Holy Ghost.

He's trolling.

Now, the question is, are you?

Anyhow, I'd go for cheetas. They have very little genetic variability (due to a huge population reduction sometime a few thousand years ago), are fragile, don't catch things that often, have a high infant mortality rate and a few other things.
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
I'm religious, and accept evolution. (Theary =/= random guess; a theory is the result of continual testing of a hypothesis, right?)

Human beings are becoming more stupid. Morons need to screw around without condoms.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Quote by sfaune92
I'm religious, and accept evolution. (Theary =/= random guess; a theory is the result of continual testing of a hypothesis, right?)

Human beings are becoming more stupid. Morons need to screw around without condoms.

sorry, this looks hypocritical to me.
Quote by Grimnak27
Bees. they sting and then they die.

That's because they're part of such a huge society. One dead bee doesn't matter for the rest of the hive. Plus, a bee without its stinger is like a man without his stinger.
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
Quote by Drakathan
That's because they're part of such a huge society. One dead bee doesn't matter for the rest of the hive. Plus, a bee without its stinger is like a man without his stinger.

a hive is like a community, or a city to us. deaths are still mourned. ish.
Page 1 of 3