So, after trying out everything under the sun, I've decided Marshall is my sound. However, theres seems to be a whole world of different Marshall amps, and I have no idea where to start. So, heres what I'm looking for.

*Marshall (Or something that nails the Marshall sound)
*1x12 or 2x12 combo (1x12 preferred, I have to cart my gear around alot.) Maybe a 1x12 stack if such a thing exists?
*2 channels
*Tube
*Thats about it. Ideas?

EDIT: I am willing to go used, and I am located in Lincoln, Nebraska. My budget is about $500 with everything I have to trade considered.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Last edited by souperman08 at Apr 16, 2011,
i like the jcm 800 series but they are hard to find- with a budget of only $500 a good tube amp will be hard to find - you will need about $700 to get a decent tube amp and $1000 if you want a marshall
What do you consider to be the "Marshall" sound? Cause there are multiple......

Plexi, JCM800, etc.

What Genres do you play?
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
The Plexi (late 68 onward) sound and JCM 800 sound are more or less the same, depending on how you set up the volumes and EQ.

The Plexi just has more bass, slightly less treble and is less compressed.

A boosted Plexi and a low-mid preamp volume 800 sound real similar.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Heres a few examples of what I consider the Marshall sound (feel free to correct me if I'm totally off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVZQ_B0ic3k (Solo at about 1:30 in)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83Ykv1iJ3D0 (Solo at about 1:25)

I'll try to post more if I can think of them.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
I say this in almost every "What amp..." thread I go to, but Jet City. They have a 1x12, 20 watt half stack, which you could probs score for $300 total. Then buy(if you don't already have one) a really good OD.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
I have the Picovalve right now, and I love the dirty sound, but I can't get a good clean sound out of it. Would the JCA be a different story?
Quote by souperman08
I have the Picovalve right now, and I love the dirty sound, but I can't get a good clean sound out of it. Would the JCA be a different story?

Yes. You can turn the gain down, or they're releasing a new model with two separate footswitchable channels.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
Quote by sonic_777111
Yes. You can turn the gain down, or they're releasing a new model with two separate footswitchable channels.

Sweet! How soon is that coming out?
Quote by souperman08
Sweet! How soon is that coming out?

I don't know. One site seems to have it already but they look a bit suspicious. My money's on sometime in May?
Just Google "JCA22H."
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
^ I think you are thinking of the JCA2112?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jet-City-Amplification-JCA2112RC-20W-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp-583601-i1893154.gc

That's probably what I'd do too and I'm not even a big fan of Jet City. All I saw on your craigslist was a Peavey XXX