My low string buzzes pretty much. I raised the action on that side as high as it goes and switched from .10s to .11s and that stopped it from buzzing when I played the string open but it still buzzes when I fret any note on the low E string and a tiny bit on the A string. Is this a matter of adjusting the truss rod? I've never done any truss rod adjustments before so should I take it to a tech? I can't tell if the neck is warped at all just by looking at it
I hate my sig
A little buzz on the early frets is acceptable assuming it isn't transferring through the amplifier. Don't worry about it too much. If the notes sustain is being cut short then you should worry. Typically fret buzz on the lower frets is a sign of a neck with not enough relief and the truss rod would have to be adjusted to put more relief in the neck. Fret buzz at the higher frets is usually a sign of action which is too low. The truss rod is meant to counter the pull of the strings on the neck. all action adjustments are made by the bridge. Make sure there is a proper amount of relief in the neck then tinker with your bridge.
Sounds like either your truss rod is out of whack or you're sorely in need of a fret dressing, guessing the latter but I've never had buzz along the entire string so can't be sure. High action with 11s is not a combination that should be yielding fret buzz unless you are beating the hell out of your strings.

EDIT: You're fretting the note right behind the fret itself, right?
Last edited by Nightfyre at Apr 16, 2011,
Quote by Nightfyre
Sounds like either your truss rod is out of whack or you're sorely in need of a fret dressing, guessing the latter but I've never had buzz along the entire string so can't be sure. High action with 11s is not a combination that should be yielding fret buzz unless you are beating the hell out of your strings.

EDIT: You're fretting the note right behind the fret itself, right?

It's almost and new so I doubt it's the frets. I'll probably just take it to a tech and see. It's definitely a lot better since I worked on it
I hate my sig