Hey UG
I am trying to find a multi effects unit that can run in my loop and not suck my amps tone, I am using a peavey classic 30 and am wanting some modulation effects for some solo work and clean rhythm guitar work. I am thinking I could save some money and space with a multi unit am I wrong? So far the ones I have been looking at that I can afford are
Zoom g1
tonelab st
zoom gfx1
Digitech rp 355

Can I run any of these units without the amp modeling or distortion in my effects loop for delay and chorus ect.... and it not suck my tone or change the sound of my drive channel when it's off?
Thanks UG u guys rock
I can't speak specifically about any of those units, but I used to have a triple rec that I tried to run with my POD X3 in in the loop, and I could never get the damn thing to work. Even with absolutely nothing running, it changed the character of the distortion in an unpleasant way that I can't quite describe. I eventually gave up on it and went over to individual stompboxes.

So, probably not want you wanted to hear, but I myself have had nothing buy failure with running a multifx in the loop.
Quote by Wolffgang
I can't speak specifically about any of those units, but I used to have a triple rec that I tried to run with my POD X3 in in the loop, and I could never get the damn thing to work. Even with absolutely nothing running, it changed the character of the distortion in an unpleasant way that I can't quite describe. I eventually gave up on it and went over to individual stompboxes.

So, probably not want you wanted to hear, but I myself have had nothing buy failure with running a multifx in the loop.

I was afraid of that, I really like the tone I am getting out of this amp and am pleasantly surprised by it and don't want to color the tone. So it looks like the hardwire delay or the mxr, too bad there isn't a delay chorus flanger pedal within my budget lol
What do you guys think about the ibanez de7 and the cf-7 for a delay and chorus do they suck tone? I know they aren't true bypass but read that the buffer is decent in them. Anyone have an opinion?
Depending on exactly what you want, EHX pedals can offer a good alternative if you need effects in bulk.

As far as I can tell, they're all true bypass, and the nano series especially are really cheap. You can get most of them for $40-60ish.
Depending on exactly what you want, EHX pedals can offer a good alternative if you need effects in bulk.

As far as I can tell, they're all true bypass, and the nano series especially are really cheap. You can get most of them for $40-60ish.[/QUOTE

Yeah been looking at those as well
Quote by B.Cross
What do you guys think about the ibanez de7 and the cf-7 for a delay and chorus do they suck tone? I know they aren't true bypass but read that the buffer is decent in them. Anyone have an opinion?

Does anyone use these pedals?
Well it looks as if I have to use the effects loop if I want to use the preamp in the classic
I read that if you use your clean channel it's fine to use a delay but not the overdrive channel
Ahhgg anyway I guess it doesn't really matter if I use pedals or a multi effects such as a tonelab.
I have a digitech gsp1101 which I run through my FX loop. It does no (or very little) tone colouring at all. I know it is way out of your price range... but that is pretty much what you'd be looking at if you want a truly non tone sucker multi-fx. All of the cheaper ones are going to degrade your sound. Unless you want to shell out on a top of the line multi-fx I'd suggest you go with cheap stomboxes for now
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
You may want to look on Ebay for an Alesis Quadraverb. They are getting rather cheap these days and have really lush mod effects that are as tweakable as it gets. It would sit in your FX loop nicely. Add a MIDI controller to the system and you're rocking. The Behringer ones have relay outputs too that can simulate you footswitches for the amp. Hit one button and the Quaddy will switch patches and simultaneously switch your amp channel.
I run this way except that I use a Roland GP-8 with an FC100 as my MIDI controller and to provide effects (mainly boost) that I might want out front, it switches my amp channels too. No pedal dancing for this little black duck.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification