I'm biased towards the Tele, but what genres are you playing? Have you tried them both out through your rig to see which one you like the sound of better? Which one do you like the neck on more?
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Fender hands down. Anyone who tells you different has never played them, or knows nothing about guitars.

What music do you play btw?
Apples and oranges, can we get some specifics about what you want it for and your other gear?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
I'm completely biased to the Tell.

But like the other guys have said what genres are you planning on playing? And what does your current amp setup look like?
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
Comparing the guitars is like comparing an orange to a space shuttle. They are different.Buy both and your bases are covered.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Hi, i posted this just before i went to bed so i couldn't reply until now.

I play EVERYTHING. The whole spectrum and wondered which guitar could do this?

I have a Line 6 POD HD500 and a Marshall MG15CD amp
If I had a choice between them two guitars I would pick the Tele hands down.
I own an Ibanez J-Custom

I am Guitarnoob_100. Say hey

PSN: Whiski_Guy
Xbox Live: Chris2194

Steam: Galiathslay
Quote by CalumFraser
Hi, i posted this just before i went to bed so i couldn't reply until now.

I play EVERYTHING. The whole spectrum and wondered which guitar could do this?

I have a Line 6 POD HD500 and a Marshall MG15CD amp

Well they both are very versatile guitars. The Tele could handle probably anything you could trow at it as long as you don't get into the extreme br00tz.

So my choice is still the Tele. But it's all personal choice really so I suggest you try to test these two out before you make a decision if it's possible.

And when every one sees you have an MG15 they are going to go crazy and tell you to get a new amp first, which is probably what you should do. Or you can save a little longer if you have just enough for a guitar and buy a new guitar and amp at the same time.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
In my opinion you're most likely to get more versatility out of the Epi, but the Fender will probably have more of a distinctive sound. I've played neither guitar but I own a similar Fender Tele which feels pretty great and has a distinctive tone which suits the genres I play, but I find most higher-range Epiphone LPs have a pretty thick and warm tone, where as a Fender Tele has a sharp twang.

If I were in your shoes I'd probably go for the Tele, but only because the tone personally suits me more and a Tele feels better imo. But if you're looking for versatility, I'd go for the Epiphone. LPs are better at handling a wide array of different genres as opposed to Telecasters in my opinion, but only by a small amount.
They're very different things. The Fender is a lot more solidly built (all the Epi Pros I've played were brand new and already falling apart). You might get a little more versatility out of the Epiphone but I don't know. You can do a LOT with a Telecaster, even the standard two-pickup model. Particularly if you're using a processor.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
The Epiphone is the more versatile. Two humbuckers with separate coil splits gives more options than three single coils and if you want a trem then it's no contest, the Epi's Floyd is what you want.

Really the Tele is meant to sound like a slightly warmer Strat, with a fixed bridge. There's nothing actually all that special about it other than getting those tones in a Tele shape. The Epi does actually offer something a bit different and a little more variety.
Stop. Go to GG&A and start a "Which amp" thread. You can't play shit with that amp.
Quote by JustRooster
Stop. Go to GG&A and start a "Which amp" thread. You can't play shit with that amp.
If he runs it completely clean with a flat EQ and uses the HD500 to dictate his tone then it'll sound alright. Even better he could open up the amp, disconnect the amp itself and just use the speaker as a cab for the POD. No reason why that couldn't sound good enough.