It needs repairs, and perhaps (im hopin) a modification. The bottom pickup is shot, which I figured out when I tried adjusting it. And, from my experience of trying to play some, my bridge is too narrow for my apparantly fat ass fingers.
So, how much do you think these things would cost?
Yeah, ditch that 1968 Les Paul, it's worthless anyways.

Quote by poopsmith666
I sincerely hope one day you look back at this post and realize how ignorant you're being about the concept of getting high.

Quote by strat0blaster
Out of those choices, I'm going to go with the Bastrapple.
What guitar is it?
Quote by darkstar2466

You are an idiot. Idiots get punished. You will be punished.
Its an ibanez Gio. And I cant afford to just buy another one... surely replacing a pickup and a bridge isnt gonna cost so much that I should just ditch it.
Depends on what you get.

A new set of pups can run anywhere from 40 USD each to 150 USD each.

Not sure what a bridge would go for.

Check out guitarfetish.com they should have something for you, providing you know how to install this yourself. If you don't then I would suggest a new guitar.
The cost of having everything installed along with parts, will be about the cost of a new low end guitar.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Last edited by Alucard817 at Apr 16, 2011,
Yeah, do it yourself, for sure. Alucard is right, it will cost you the price of another guitar if you get someone else to do it.
You probably just have some lose solder somewhere. It's extremely difficult to break a pickup, you most likely don't need a replacement.

What do you mean your bridge is too narrow? If you mean string spacing, you're just going to have to work around it - for the most part, guitars have either 42mm or 43mm nut width. Not a huge difference, and you can't get around that.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Iblis92
It needs repairs, and perhaps (im hopin) a modification. The bottom pickup is shot, which I figured out when I tried adjusting it. And, from my experience of trying to play some, my bridge is too narrow for my apparantly fat ass fingers.
So, how much do you think these things would cost?

not alot at all

About 150 bucks should fix all the problems you have.

Guitars are expensive to buy but surprisingly cheap to maintain.
Quote by Twist of fate
Why must the fat die young
Well, tbh. I have no idea what kind of shape my guitar is actually in. I wasnt the one who bought it, which kinda sucks, my dads friend gave it to me for my birthday one year. I tried to learn to play it when i was younger.... but i had other distractions at the time and couldnt commit. I just plugged into an amp for the first time the other day and my friend pointed this out to me. Well, this weekend im goin home and i gotta go to a shop for strings anyway, ill ask the guy if he can check it out for me. he seems chill.

If i cant get a wider bridge.. well that kind of sucks, but i can deal eventually i suppose. But im just a little cautious about ****in with a pickup...
Go to dragonfireguitars.com-you can get a set of their dragonfire screamers for less than $30 and they sound surprisingly good. They certainly sound better than the stock Powersound pickups that come in your GIO. You can also order these dragonfire screamers from ebay. Two good sounding pickups for under $30 is a steal.