Page 1 of 2
Sorry if this has been posted. I did not use the searchbar.

Fellow Americans, watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y3wuRjwMCQ

Everybody else is just going to say "duh," but we are being lied to. What can we do about it? Not a lot. The media controls every aspect of your life whether you like it or not.
Last edited by btones at Apr 16, 2011,
Everybody already knows this.
Quote by ESPplayer5150
I loled
Yes wars are brutal, dont we all know this?
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
It goes SO much deeper! And the fact is that people don't know about this. They just just live in this corrupt society unaware of what is really going on
Dig a tunnel of light through ignorant walls
Quote by btones

Everybody else is just going to say "duh," but we are being lied to. What can we do about it? Not a lot. The media controls every aspect of your life whether you like it or not.

LMAO thats sooooooooo funnny
People are being brutally killed and the media covers this up?

Man, this sounds like an original movie plot

Quote by Jimmy-G
It goes SO much deeper! And the fact is that people don't know about this. They just just live in this corrupt society unaware of what is really going on

what a tie!
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
Quote by darkcheef
People are being brutally killed and the media covers this up?

Man, this sounds like an original movie plot

I can't believe you could edit a picture and post it in five minutes
That first clip is out of context. WAY out of context. That's the one that wikileaks put out ages ago, and those soldiers did nothing wrong, as several of those men were carrying weapons and the helicopter had received fire from the area just before. Yes, it's unfortunate that civilians were caught in the crossfire, but it is war, and it will happen.

I don't glorify war, and there is no doubt we're being lied to by the media. It's nothing new and will continue as long as war does. Don't criminalise soldiers for doing their job though, even if the war itself sucks.
I honestly don't really give a shit.

Besides, I probably know more about the war than most of you guys, my dad's practically an arms dealer.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
What's the point of even discussing this? Like anyone of you will do anything about it. You see corruption and just make UG threads about it as if it combats it. We're all to apathetic to actually take action.

P.S. Didn't watch the video, just wanted to point out how even if it's all true no one (me included) will really do anything.
Quote by btones

This is old news.

Plus you weren't there in the war. You'll never be able to fully understand what happened there because you weren't there. The men serving see their comrades die all the time and realize if they hesistate in situations like this it could cost them their own lives as well as their allies/civillians. War is gruesome as hell. Mistakes happen in wars just as they happen everywhere else.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Last edited by vicarious46 at Apr 16, 2011,
Quote by CrossBack7

Don't criminalise soldiers for doing their job though, even if the war itself sucks.

This. A soldier's only job should to kill things and break stuff. Unfortunately, war is hell and these soldiers are not only being asked to fight, but perform tasks that are not necessarily in the job description of being a soldier. When soldiers must decide if a person in a war zone is a threat or a civilian, they are performing police duties. Because soldiers are trained as soldiers and not trained as police officers, sometimes mistakes are made and innocent people get hurt. Sure it sucks, but as i mentioned before, war is hell.

Also, what makes you think this media is less manipulated than any other form of media?
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Follow me on the tweet machine. I tweet about interesting things like the weather and what I ate for breakfast.
Quote by rgrockr
I honestly don't really give a shit.

Besides, I probably know more about the war than most of you guys, my dad's practically an arms dealer.

I agree with you on the first part.

As for the second. I honestly don't really give a shit.
It's too bad to see people on here downtalking this so much, sure I've known for a while that the media lies to the public about things, especially war, but there is some good stuff in those videos. It's pretty crazy that some events over there were planned beforehand to be broadcasted to show a side of the war that's completely different from the other side.
IN LIFE...

IS DEATH

IN DEATH...

IS DEATH
Quote by Necro_Theater
It's too bad to see people on here downtalking this so much, sure I've known for a while that the media lies to the public about things, especially war, but there is some good stuff in those videos. It's pretty crazy that some events over there were planned beforehand to be broadcasted to show a side of the war that's completely different from the other side.

Or they planned to make it like that through another plan that was planned for that exact reason.
We know this sort of shit happens all the time. what can we do to stop it? if we knew, dont you think we would have ended the concept of war a long time ago?
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Who cares if innocent people died

Honestly,pathetic replies in here.You should never be so complacent.It may effect you one day,would you expect noone to care?Apathetic cunts.
Quote by MightyAri
Who cares if innocent people died

Honestly,pathetic replies in here.You should never be so complacent.It may effect you one day,would you expect noone to care?Apathetic cunts.

And what have you done?
They tell us what we want to hear because we do support the cause but don't want to get our own hands (or souls) dirty.

So it isn't really lies, it's more like a mom putting her little girl to bed, and promising there really aren't any monsters to be afraid of in the closet.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

We are mindless animals. War is not so much.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Ever since I saw some special on tv basically saying that we humans caused the extinction of the neandrathals, I knew in my heart that our dna is built around an instinctual goal toward the self-preservation of our species and ones-self.

Which means WAR; if not against animals or neandrathals or united against a common enemy, then ultimately against each other.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Quote by CrossBack7
That first clip is out of context. WAY out of context. That's the one that wikileaks put out ages ago, and those soldiers did nothing wrong, as several of those men were carrying weapons and the helicopter had received fire from the area just before. Yes, it's unfortunate that civilians were caught in the crossfire, but it is war, and it will happen.

I don't glorify war, and there is no doubt we're being lied to by the media. It's nothing new and will continue as long as war does. Don't criminalise soldiers for doing their job though, even if the war itself sucks.

Yeah, dont blame the soldiers. They are only following orders. Its not like they are human beings who can make a decison not to kill more civilians in Afghanistan than the Taliban.
Now with New and Improved Signature
Quote by goodlifebadlife
Yeah, dont blame the soldiers. They are only following orders. Its not like they are human beings who can make a decison not to kill more civilians in Afghanistan than the Taliban.

This, im sick of people trying to remove morality from people just because of their job title. You do not get a license to be an immoral murdering nut and then say 'just doin mah job' as an excuse. This same logic would be applied to a hitman too, which is why being a hitman is still a bad thing, getting paid for something does not make anything you do acceptable as long as it's for money.
Quote by mystical_1
Ever since I saw some special on tv basically saying that we humans caused the extinction of the neandrathals, I knew in my heart that our dna is built around an instinctual goal toward the self-preservation of our species and ones-self.

Which means WAR; if not against animals or neandrathals or united against a common enemy, then ultimately against each other.

Because the Iraq and Afghanistan war was totally about self-preservation. Do you even understand what self-preservation means?
Quote by CrossBack7

Actually, it was proven they were two Reuters journalists and they were not carrying any weapons, at all.

It was just their cameras.
the media controls every aspect of your life

and the government control what the media can and can't see. See a pattern emerging?

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

damn my inability to find that shoop of a million photographers with the words "crazy horse requesting permission to engage"
Quote by SKArface McDank
damn my inability to find that shoop of a million photographers with the words "crazy horse requesting permission to engage"

Please find it
I've seen it before. It's horrible, I know.
Quote by Zoot Allures
This, im sick of people trying to remove morality from people just because of their job title. You do not get a license to be an immoral murdering nut and then say 'just doin mah job' as an excuse. This same logic would be applied to a hitman too, which is why being a hitman is still a bad thing, getting paid for something does not make anything you do acceptable as long as it's for money.

This. You are morally responsible when you kill civillians, especially when you're that much of a moron like those soldiers. They were like children with toys in my opinion.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Last edited by sfaune92 at Apr 17, 2011,
I'm not American so I don't care
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Look at Libya, the press there covered up all of the violence going on. And it happens here too, just much more subtly. But it's not really anything new, it's been going on for years.

On a side note, I knew someone who wanted there to be a World War 3 so he could die "A glorious death". He was part joking but he still wanted to join the army and fight.
RIP Adam
Page 1 of 2