Does anybody know what the "texture" switch does? i've had this amp for about a week and have absolutely no clue what it is for or what it does. I've messed with it a little bit but i don't notice any difference in tone at all
Turn the knob to minimum and your tolex will get super smooth.
Crank it to eleven and it'll get rough and bumpy

More seriously, did you take a look at the manual?
From one google search, about 40 seconds invested:

2. The texture switch is a 3-position rocker switch that selects the output's high-frequency roll-off point. The middle position provides maximum top end extension and the most harmonically complex texture; the left position provides subtle high-frequency roll-off for a slightly smoother texture; the right position rolls-off more high frequencies for the smoothest texture.

Jesus, people are lazy.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
From one google search, about 40 seconds invested:

2. The texture switch is a 3-position rocker switch that selects the output's high-frequency roll-off point. The middle position provides maximum top end extension and the most harmonically complex texture; the left position provides subtle high-frequency roll-off for a slightly smoother texture; the right position rolls-off more high frequencies for the smoothest texture.

Jesus, people are lazy.

i'm not so stupid that i havent read that about a hundred times, the point of this forum was to ask what that means and what it does in an easier to understand way
Quote by andrerist
i'm not so stupid that i havent read that about a hundred times, the point of this forum was to ask what that means and what it does in an easier to understand way

What, you want me to come over and show you the sonic differences by flicking it?

Jesus.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by andrerist
Does anybody know what the "texture" switch does? i've had this amp for about a week and have absolutely no clue what it is for or what it does. I've messed with it a little bit but i don't notice any difference in tone at all

Either You deaf or it's broken.

I have a head and a Texture switch makes pretty significant to tone.
It's really hard NOT to notice.
Can someone tell me what happens when I push the bass knob on my amp all the way to the left as apposed to all the way to the right? :S
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Say what?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by andrerist

it makes a very subtle, from what i can tell, change to the high frequencies...so basically a kind of brightness control...i'd just leave it at the center position...and if you want the head version, i have mine for sale in boston
ESP Eclipse with blackouts (Snow White)
Taylor 814ce (tabacco sunburst)
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15