May be a stupid question, but what are the benefits of using the Insert plug on an amp to loop your external effects as apposed to just running through your pedals to your input on your amp?
What amp is it? The Insert jack is most likely an effects loop with a single jack, which requires an Insert cable (Y cable) to use effects in it.
Quote by littlephil
What amp is it? The Insert jack is most likely an effects loop with a single jack, which requires an Insert cable (Y cable) to use effects in it.

It's a Crate FXT120... it does require a stereo to mono Y plug (which I don't have, but have one coming in the mail). Just curious if there's any real benefit to using that insert loop? Right now I just run my guitar into my pedals, and my pedals into my input on my amp. Will I even notice a difference other than being able to plug my guitar right into my amp?
If you use amp distortion, then you can use all your time based effects without making them sound bad. For example, if you use a delay, you will be delaying your distorted signal and not distorting your delays and thus turning them into mush.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
If you use amp distortion, then you can use all your time based effects without making them sound bad. For example, if you use a delay, you will be delaying your distorted signal and not distorting your delays and thus turning them into mush.

Awesome! Never really thought of it like that.. thank you very much!