Hi GGAA, i'm on the verge of purchasing a clean combo amp that is quite loud, i see the Twin Re-Issue is 85 odd watts RMS, which is very well suited to my needs.
i'm just curious as to the quality of the current day fender amplifiers as opposed to how they were made in the 60's/70's etc.

can anyone tell me if they use the same quality of components and how reliable the are, as well as what OHMage the Ext speaker output is.

Thanks guys.
some guitars
some amps
some pedals
some crabs
no they don't use the same quality of components.

the new ones are pretty shit compared to the vintage ones.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
okay, so what era vintage should i look at to get something of half decent quality, like the red-knobs?
some guitars
some amps
some pedals
some crabs
cool! thanks! any idea what the ohmage is on the ext speaker output?
some guitars
some amps
some pedals
some crabs
Quote by Mech-cannibal
cool! thanks! any idea what the ohmage is on the ext speaker output?

The red knob had a switchable 4, 8, 16 ohm speaker out.
Not a bad amp but not the best either, I sold mine, the cleans are fine but the dirty channel just did´nt cut it.
Quote by sstony
The red knob had a switchable 4, 8, 16 ohm speaker out.
Not a bad amp but not the best either, I sold mine, the cleans are fine but the dirty channel just did´nt cut it.

Dirty Channel on a Twin Reverb?
A Blackface Twin is what people mean when they say "Fender cleans." It's the benchmark by which all other cleans are measured.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by swedish_chef
Dirty Channel on a Twin Reverb?

They were called The Twin, the red knob twins have a gain channel.
Last edited by sstony at Apr 17, 2011,
I absolutely love this amp and have no doubt it is built extremely well and will last longer than me.
I bought a custom shop stratocaster a couple years ago and I hardly ever played it because I've had amps and effects that did it no justice. Just found the 65 reissue TR for 650 at a pawn shop in mint condition and that strat is totally reborn. I want to play it all the time. I've been playing for decades and never felt so good about the noise i make. I was worried about it being too loud, but really not an issue because of the quality of the sound. All my guitars (including acoustics)sound great through it, as do harps with a green bullet. I play in church with a digitech RP1000--sweeeeeeet, and played it with the blues band tonight with no effects--sweet too.