Page 1 of 2
NOTE: Sweet Child Of Mine, for originalities sake, doesn't count.

Mine has to be:
Dire Straits - Sultans Of Swing.
'Slap bass refers to the slap delivered to the bassist when they play too loud or with any kind of attention drawing behaviour...'

'The dusty end, is not my friend.'
Either Anathema-Panic or My Dying Bride-To Remain Tombless
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Eugene's trick bag. Or tears in heaven/something classical-ish for the ladies
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Some funky slapping. no one ever expects slapping on an electric guitar and it impresses almost anyone to some degree
Quote by I'm A Shark
Some funky slapping. no one ever expects slapping on an electric guitar and it impresses almost anyone to some degree

I use a lot of slapping when I play Sultans. Well not slapping but plucking the string quite harshly away from the body. is that what you mean?
'Slap bass refers to the slap delivered to the bassist when they play too loud or with any kind of attention drawing behaviour...'

I usually play Art Of Life by X Japan, only up till the piano part. When i'm tired, i just go for some smooth picking with Chet Atkins songs, like Baby's Coming Home or his version of Mr. Sandman.
Andy McKee's Drifting, considering the chances are there'll more likely be an acoustic wherever I go rather than an electric.
I own an Ibanez J-Custom

I am Guitarnoob_100. Say hey

PSN: Whiski_Guy
Xbox Live: Chris2194

Steam: Galiathslay
Anything Coldplay. Their songs are easy and people like them. (I also find myself playing piano in these situations a lot more than guitar.)
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
Scotty Doesn't Know - Lustra
-OR-
Party Hard - Andrew W.K.

Both are extremely easy songs to play and everyone seems to know them and join in
Twitter

LTD EC-1000 (Vintage Black)
Schecter Damien-FR
Crate Flexwave 120W

INDECISIVE AMP FUND: $500/$
ACDC back in black
"I can see that we speak the wrong notes."

Warlock NJ Deluxe (haters gonna hate)
Crate EL-10G
I'd propably play Mastodon's Blood & Thunder if I wanted/had to show off. Not very accessible, not a technical and not even that cool sounding song for an average person but it's something I've played a lot.
snow patrol - run for getting people listening, and then break out the trooper
Ben

GEAR:
Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster Deluxe
Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar
Blackstar ht-5 head
Blackstar ht-408 cab
Landola V72 Acoustic
Seymour Duncan Woody SC

Quote by lolometer1
Wanna be sex buddies?
Quote by housemd
nope.
I don't play songs, I just sit around improvising.

No one gives a flying fuck if you play guitar anyway so why on earth would you play to impress someone?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
If I am in this situation which is rare I will play what they ask if I know it or I just won't play at all. Public masturbation isn't my thing lol.
I just pick up and play... if they like it, I continue. If not, I stop.
I hate it when people won't stop playing when no one's listening... it's annoying.
And guitar hogs.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Usually something chorded on the acoustic. I'm a Believer by The Monkees, This is the Life by Amy MacDonald, an acoustic arrangement of Sweet Child 'O Mine (deal with it) or Windy and Warm by countless artists.
With my Acoustic: Mary

With my Electric: Date Rape/Wrong Way/What Happened

Those aren't my most complicated pieces, but they're some of my favorate ones to play.
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
Quote by Rich EpiWildkat
I use a lot of slapping when I play Sultans. Well not slapping but plucking the string quite harshly away from the body. is that what you mean?

no like literally slapping like on a bass
lately, I've been favoring master exploder by tenacious d. super fun...

also, I usually just improvise over the dude playing 3 chord songs on an acoustic
Slayer (Raining Blood/Angel of Death/World Painted Blood) is always fun. A bit of Cannibal Corpse (Frantic Disembowelment/Hammer Smashed Face/I Cum Blood) is awesome too, though no one ever recognizes them.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
More Than Words. Not really a show off song, but its good for getting people together.

Everyone knows it, chicks dig it.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

No one gives a flying fuck if you play guitar anyway so why on earth would you play to impress someone?

this.

i only play guitar in public if people have specifically come to see some live music. it's called a gig

if you're just hanging out with friends it's not necessary.

i think i'm gonna write some really depressing songs to sing that bring the mood of any party down, just so that people stop asking me to liven up the atmosphere of a dead party by playing blackbird.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Sultans of Swing.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
Quote by RHCPFitz
My mind always goes blank and I end up not playing anything.

Yea same here. I hate it when someone puts me on the spot and is just like, ok play something.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Elite
Squier Strat
Fender Acoustic
Line 6 POD XT-Live
Blackstar HT-1 Combo
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

I dont think its about impressing anyone, its more like people at parties always go "oh shit! you play guitar? FREEBIRD!!"

or

another guitarist will be all like "im waaaay better than you" and so you say "Sounds like a wager." So they play some fiddly crap that, while technically impressive, is like something MAB would play (read: no one wants to hear it). Then you step up and play some stupid beginner riff like back in black, and everyone loses their minds. So you win the contest and the other dude has to staple gun his dick to its balls.
"I can see that we speak the wrong notes."

Warlock NJ Deluxe (haters gonna hate)
Crate EL-10G
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

A lot of people care I play guitar. People love it. Most of my friends are musical anyway. Its part of my screening process. (oh thats a new sig right there.)

Quote by Strat007
Sultans of Swing.

Saaaaame! Though I steal bits of live versions so people think i can make shit up rather than just reproduce MK's song (to a degree). But shhh, trade secret.

I tend to avoid such situations, as I'm not exactly someone that likes to be the center of attention, or likes to show off. If I am in such a situation (me and a couple of friends just jamming), it depends. Usually it'll be on an acoustic/nylon guitar so most of the songs I know won't really work, but I do know a few fingerpicked songs. I tend to bust out Is Anybody Out There by Pink Floyd (not exactly a party song), or Tears In the Rain by Joe Satriani (again, not a party song). On electric guitar I just play a few fun licks that I like to play or whatever I have on my mind.
Sylosis, and lots of sylosis
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by RHCPFitz
My mind always goes blank and I end up not playing anything.

I hate this it seems like whenever I take my guitar in front of people I don't remember anything I know
Quote by satanicgurrl
I dont think its about impressing anyone, its more like people at parties always go "oh shit! you play guitar? FREEBIRD!!"

or

another guitarist will be all like "im waaaay better than you" and so you say "Sounds like a wager." So they play some fiddly crap that, while technically impressive, is like something MAB would play (read: no one wants to hear it). Then you step up and play some stupid beginner riff like back in black, and everyone loses their minds. So you win the contest and the other dude has to staple gun his dick to its balls.

I don't know what's scarier, the fact that it was pretty much spot on, or the image of stapling one's dick... :-/
Page 1 of 2