Hello all.

I just wanted to know what songs with sheet music would be recommended for a beginner like me?

Any recommendations?

Resources would be nice

Thanks
How much have you learned? As in,do you know various key signatures or just C major?
Gear:
Ibanez RGT6EX
Line 6 Spider 3 15
Hobner 265

Quote by Lost Dog
People absolutely love to see horrible accidents and murders, as well as any sort of fighting really. Just look at the news. We wouldn't watch it if it was boring.
Well I kinda memorized the circle of fifths a bit. I kinda memorized the notes of major and minor scales for each key(though I have to refresh myself once in a while) after much time and that's about it.
I started out by playing the bass notes in an ensemble. Struggled for the first few months because I kept trying to use shortcuts instead of learning the actual notes itself.

A few weeks ago I took some scores (just the staff; no tabs) from the club I was in and just input them into guitar pro slowly. Progressed very rapidly and can now sight read to a small extent. Maybe you can try that too. If you have guitar pro or something similar, turn off the tabs, print the scores out, then work out the tabs.

Edit: First, learn how anything other than key of C will change how you interpret the notes on the staff.

For example, key of G has one sharp: F. It means ANY F that may be represented on the score beginners F#, unless there odd a natural sign.

I suggest finding a song in the key of C to work with first, but if you can't find such a song, then the above should be immediately helpful.
Last edited by triface at Apr 17, 2011,
Quote by triface
I started out by playing the bass notes in an ensemble. Struggled for the first few months because I kept trying to use shortcuts instead of learning the actual notes itself.

A few weeks ago I took some scores (just the staff; no tabs) from the club I was in and just input them into guitar pro slowly. Progressed very rapidly and can now sight read to a small extent. Maybe you can try that too. If you have guitar pro or something similar, turn off the tabs, print the scores out, then work out the tabs.

Thanks

Do you know a site to download sheet music though? That's my goal too. To completely know what notes I'm hitting.
get the book for Grade one classical songs. push your way through them. Dont stop and read music, keep pushing, even if you are making mistakes. By all means slow down the pice, but dont stop