well i failed epically in changing the strings on my electric guitar, and i accidentally broke the low E string(46). what i ended up doing was taking the A string(44) of a spare set of acoustic guitar strings i had lying around and put it on my electric guitar. now on to my question, what will happen if i plug in my guitar to my amp?

UPDATE

tried it out, the string sounds good. its only noticeable when i play on a clean setting, i don't get that nice new string sound on it. that and i seem to be getting a lot more feedback from my amp when i play it on my insane distortion setting. other than that it seems to be good. thanks for the help guys.
Last edited by dontknowitall13 at Apr 17, 2011,
either the universe will divide by zero, or nothing.
GEAR:
Fender Classic Player Jaguar Special HH
Ibanez RGA-32
Peavey Vypyr 15
Line 6 Pod Studio GX + Pod Farm
Why the **** would anything happen?

Edit: Or nothing.
Last edited by Portuguese_boy at Apr 17, 2011,
the sea level will rise
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Jackson Soloist Std. Professional '93
DiMarzio Evolution (bridge) SD Lil' Screamin Demon (neck)

-B.C. Rich Warlock Special Edition Metal Web

-Peavey Bandit 112
As long as the string is metallic, it'll have a magnetic flux and will work, maybe not as well as a propper string but it should work.
Quote by conor-figgy
As long as the string is metallic, it'll have a magnetic flux and will work, maybe not as well as a propper string but it should work.

okay, so my bronze acoustic string wont totally ruin my sound. just my line six amp. cool.
Quote by dontknowitall13
okay, so my bronze acoustic string wont totally ruin my sound. just my line six amp. cool.

I would say the other way around; it could ruin your sound, but nothing will happen to your amp.

-Peavey Bandit 112
Quote by unnamedplayer
I would say the other way around; it could ruin your sound, but nothing will happen to your amp.

okay, but shh...dont tell that to my parents, i need an excuse to get a new amp.
Quote by conor-figgy

c-c-c-combo breaker!

But really, nothing will happen. The absolute WORST that could happen would be your guitar sounding a little thin until you change the strings again. That's all.
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Quote by dontknowitall13
okay, but shh...dont tell that to my parents, i need an excuse to get a new amp.

so, what you really needed was a new amp? lol!

-Peavey Bandit 112
your penis would grow to exponential sizes and explode.

or nothing.
Quote by mcraddict81592
If you need to kill a man with a 9v adapter? I say strangulate. Or swing the heavy end around and aim for the temple, all depends on your style.

FrankenBee Build
Quote by ethan_hanus
Not much, you might have a little less output from the E string, since acoustic strings are not meant for pickups.

Why not ?
you will open the gates of hell and cause the world to be engulfed in darkness..

..but if you play death metal, then that's probably a good thing
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Not much, you might have a little less output from the E string, since acoustic strings are not meant for pickups.

Electro acoustic?
I have accoustic strings on my gibson es 125 and they work just fine.
Quote by andyscoot
Electro acoustic?

Compared to steel strings? Well, first of all, brass is not magnetic, and pickups work off of disruption in a magnetic field, but they do have a steel core, so they would work, but would not have the same output as steel strings would.

Electro acoustic can mean anything, all the way from microphone pickup inside the guitar, to bridge saddle pizio pickup, to actual sound hole pole style pickups.
UPDATE

tried it out, the string sounds good. its only noticeable when i play on a clean setting, i don't get that nice new string sound on it. that and i seem to be getting a lot more feedback from my amp when i play it on my insane distortion setting. other than that it seems to be good. thanks for the help guys.
oh you have a spider....theres your problem
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by Necronomicon
Money will grow on trees.

But there ain't no rest for the wicked.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.