Hey guys, this is my first post and what a better way to start than a new amp day thread?! I've actually had this about a month now, just didn't have an account so kinda cheating

Right, it's a Marshall Vintage Modern 2266 and matching 4x12 cab. 50 watts of awesome. Slash uses these live and it is Paul Gilbert's (not a fan though) main amp. He uses a combo version though

It is absolutely amazing. It cost me £1060 but I traded in some old gear which brought the price down to just over £600 for both the head and cab.

The head has KT-66 power amp tubes <3 and I'm not too sure what the pre amp valves are. It has all the standard EQ settings and reverb. The reverb isn't that great I don't think but it gets the job done. It also has a mid boost button which, boosts the mids surprisingly. I don't use it though as I play a Gibson Les Paul Standard and the sound is pretty thick anyway.

The gain is weird. It has two separate controls. One is called detail and the other is body. The detail is a trebly sort of gain and the body is the low end.

It has a switch that changes the "dynamic range" of the sound. You can switch between high dynamic and low. The high is for the higher gain sounds and the low is obviously the lower gain stuff.

I bought this amp because I love classic rock. My favourite band being Guns 'N Roses. This amp absolutely NAILS that sound. I mean, it's just awesome. There are so many sounds in this amp. It's very responsive to the volume on your guitar too which I love. Roll down the volume and it cleans up real nice, like no other amp I've ever heard. NOW, for pics...

YES, it is purple :P

Sorry for the bad quality, from a phone
Looks very nice!

Would you say that this amp can get the Thin Lizzy sort of sound?
Nice choice.

HNAD
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by digman50
Looks very nice!

Would you say that this amp can get the Thin Lizzy sort of sound?

Well, I'm not too familiar with Thin Lizzy but this amp was built for that sort of music. I'll put money on the fact that it can get it pretty damn close.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Sweet.

Good on you

clipzorz?

There will be high quality videos at the end of next week!
hnad
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

HNAD!
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
Can we get a couple pictures of that beauty of a LP too?

HNAD!
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio 60's Tribute
SX stratocaster
MIA Fender Stratocaster
Vox AD50 Vox AC15C1 Vox AC30CC2X Laney LH50r
Guitar>Joe Bonamossa Crybaby > AquaPuss> Sparkle Drive> Green Rhino> DejaVibe> Amplifier
CROWN VIC
I'm guessing the LP is a Trad Plus?
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
did your guitar come with an empty pack of marlboros and a not so familiar smell to it like bubbs' did?

/slashrippin'

i really like that amp, nice score.
Quote by gregs1020
did your guitar come with an empty pack of marlboros and a not so familiar smell to it like bubbs' did?

/slashrippin'

i really like that amp, nice score.

Ha! It does look similar to Slash's but in person, it's a lot different. It looks nothing like his in person. Mine's much more yellow and the flames are pretty deep. I didn't get a choice in the colour, I snagged it off ebay for £890 a few months ago.
It is a rare thing seeing someone buying a new Marshall these days. With so many other options, it seems like no one is going that route anymore. Also because the internet is filled with guys looking for teh br00tz.
Well, I've always been very into Classic Rock and how much more classic rock can you get than a Les Paul into a Marshall? I tried lots of other amps from Blackheart, Cornford, Bugera, Engl, Fender, Orange, Mesa Boogie, Vox and more but I just liked the sound of this one best. Well, I tried an Engl Powerball II. HOLY CRAP that thing was incredible. But at £1750 (in the shop) just for the head, I had to pass.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
Ha! It does look similar to Slash's but in person, it's a lot different. It looks nothing like his in person. Mine's much more yellow and the flames are pretty deep. I didn't get a choice in the colour, I snagged it off ebay for £890 a few months ago.

it's a nice looking paul, i just love rippin' on slash.

great rig, we had one in the store when i was at sam ash. i really liked the head, but the combo sounded like ass.

it responds well to the volume knob, it cleans up better than a lot of amps.
Quote by gregs1020
it's a nice looking paul, i just love rippin' on slash.

great rig, we had one in the store when i was at sam ash. i really liked the head, but the combo sounded like ass.

it responds well to the volume knob, it cleans up better than a lot of amps.

Exactly what I thought. The combo did nothing for me. I went into the shop to try it and really wanted to be blown away but it was crap. Luckily, I went to a different shop and they had the head and cab in and that did it for me.
maybe it's the open back or something with the combo that just doen't do it. i'm glad it's not just me.

Not a Marshall man myself, but damn nice

Also, welcome to the forums
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212
Cheers guys As I said, there will be good quality video clips of this bad boy at the end of this week hopefully.
That amp is really underrated on here. I think it sounds excellent, and definitely captures the guns n roses and hard rock sound.
Quote by gregs1020

Mine came with a top hat and an empty 40 of JD, remember?
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
its a bad song, but amp sounds good

you move funny while playing :P
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
You are not a paul gilbert fan :
kids.......
he's my god
i bet you havent heard technical difficulties
Anyways hnad
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
Quote by Tunder250
its a bad song, but amp sounds good

you move funny while playing :P

thanks! I tend to tap my whole leg instead of just my foot. I can't stand still when I play
Sexy sexy sexy! Good to see people have good taste in amps... Marshall!!! not Line 6... Blerrrghhh >.<
Marshall Vintage Modern 2466 and Gibson Les Paul Custom is litteraly sex in my ear!!!

"THESE AMPS GO TO 11!!!!!!!!!!"

Slash Fanboy much?

Lol anyways, HNAD. I really like the Vintage Moderns, the only new amp that I like from Marshall.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON