My friends birthday is tomorrow and we are going camping for it but I do not know if the area we have chosen is legal, we will be camping right next to a lake (not privately owned) and I was wondering what the laws about this are and what could happen if we are breaking a law.

Any information would be helpful
* If my punctuation seems off, it's because my shift button is broken *
Google the name of the lake and see what pops up.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Only if it's specificaly been made illegal for that lake, as a whole it's allowed. (disclaimer: these are guesses, not actual facts)

Quote by kbabz22
My friends birthday is tomorrow and we are going camping for it but I do not know if the area we have chosen is legal, we will be camping right next to a lake (not privately owned) and I was wondering what the laws about this are and what could happen if we are breaking a law.

Any information would be helpful

Quote by SlipknotRule93
Google the name of the lake and see what pops up.

No name, its oposite a hotel but now owned by the hotel
* If my punctuation seems off, it's because my shift button is broken *
Well you should be alright, when I was younger me and friends would always camp out in public spaces. The police once came out to us and that was for excessive noise, they didn't make us leave. You should be alright if the land is public, if you're unsure go further away from the hotel because they could complain?
Quote by kbabz22
No name, its oposite a hotel but now owned by the hotel

Phone/email the hotel and ask them if they know.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
its usually ok as long as you arent too loud or obviously doing drugs.
try find some trees to pitch he tet amongst.

though check that its an ok place, me any my mates once camped somewhere one night and in the morning found out it was a car park, not nice waking up with a 4x4 beeping at you.
now extra flamey
Quote by Woffelz
Watch out for chavs.

Lmao this.
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

- Berthold Auerbach

Quote by jbridge90
Wow, being surrounded by all of these humourless, pussy-whipped virgins is starting to make me sick.

Check out my band!
Camping in the UK is bad news man.

Haven't you ever watched Skins/The Inbetweeners??

AEDIT: In two cases, a car was lost into a lake/sea, and in the other, a girl almost died.

True stories.
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Apr 17, 2011,
Quote by SlipknotRule93
Phone/email the hotel and ask them if they know.

I wouldn't because they say you can't then you won't be able to use the "Sorry guv, I was unaware" excuse. If it's not obviously causing any problems then I'd just do it and if you get challenged then point out that it's not obviously causing any problems and you should be okay.

(n.b. I take no responsibility for any injury, loss of life or arrest incurred in following the above advice)
Quote by CFH82
Ejaculate in MY moustache?!

Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.ಠ_ಠ
Officially it's not allowed, unless you have special permission from the owner (forester in your case)
████████████
████████████
████████████

RNLAF

I Like Planes
Quote by nigeltheginger
Try not to get caught. If you don't get caught then what you're doing is fine

Everyone should live by this rule IMO.