Howdy Folks. Picked this up recently, and I am so glad I have an awesome wife that allowed me to correct the mistakes I made when purchasing the ESP LTD MH401 a little more than a year ago. Thought it was my dream guitar, I really wanted a super strat with a blue quilted maple top. But I ended up hating the EMG's and the bridge system on this guitar. So it is going to be sold.

Anyway, did a lot of looking over the last year in my price range. I am a teen from the 80's, so I like guitars for good hard rock, hair metal type stuff. My main guitar till now has been my Epi LP Ultra, which I love (I put a set of SD's in it and I love it even more). But really wanted the Superstrat.

So, here we go. This is what I got. The bag, eh, nothing to speak of. These models usually come with a hard case, but they dropped the price point with this model, and included the gig bag. I DO like the detachable backpack, and that will get used, but I will store the guitar in a hard case that I have.

Gear:
Ibanez Prestige 1421F
Epi Les Paul Ultra (With SD JB/Jazz pups)
Bugera 120w 333xl 212 combo
Peavey ValveKing 50w 112 combo (Eminence Texas Heat 12" speaker)
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
MXR M108 10 band EQ.
Dunlop Slash Crybaby Wah.
Ok, onto the guitar. Its a Ibanez Prestige RG1421F, 10th anniversary edition.

Gear:
Ibanez Prestige 1421F
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
MXR M108 10 band EQ.

Review. I freaking LOVE the neck, and the bridge. I did a full setup (minus a truss rod adjustment, didn't need one), adjusted the action, set the intonation, and this thing plays like a dream. Although I LOVE my LP, WOW what a different neck on the RG. Feels SO thin, and for as bad a player as I am, my fingers really like finding their way along this fretboard. The neck is really awesome, and probably the best feature of this guitar. Very thing, very comfortable and very fast.

Pickups - Eh. Not horrible, not great. Really middle of the road. Does it all a little bit, does nothing exceptionally well. Will probably swap out with another set of SD's like I did in my LP.

The bridge is fantastic. Have not had it long enough to comment about this guitar staying in tune and keeping intonation and such. But as far as it being low profile and out of the way, it nails it. It is also very easy to adjust both string height, and string length on this bridge. I have read a few comments from people stating they think this might be the best fixed bridge out there. Not sure about that, but I really dig it.

And I LOVE the look, front and back. So, I am feeling the way I thought I was feeling when I got my LTD, except this time, the feeling is not fading each time I play it, its actually growing. LOL. Very happy 80's metal head here.

And oh yea, I said possible UG first because I have not seen a thread on these guitars yet here, at least not a NDG. I could be wrong, but this could be the first NDG for this model here on UG right? Not that its important, but that would be kinda cool. They made 2 10th anniversary editions, both in 2 different colors. They state only 132 in each color. So I think its pretty cool as well if I have 1 of only 132 of these. : )

But in the end, I don't care if there are a trillion of them, and everyone has one, I still love it. Feels great in my hands, the neck plays like a dream, and I find it beautiful to look at as well. And it rocks in my Bugera 333xl (say what you will). Now to wait for the wife to wake up so I can go jam some more. Peace all.
Gear:
Ibanez Prestige 1421F
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
MXR M108 10 band EQ.
Oh dear......I have just messed myself!
Burny LG75-GR
Epi SG Pro 1966 Ltd Ed
PRS Angelus SE Custom

Korg Pandora effect unit (for practising)
Slash CryBaby
Blackstar HT-5
Korg RC2 Looooooper
That is absolutely beautiful, very HNGD!
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Really nice body! Pity they had to put that cheap looking rosewood fretboard on it.

HNGD anyway, bet it plays like a charm.
Last edited by Ascendant at Apr 17, 2011,
Real nice looking guitar. Congrats on the purchase. Hope it is everything you wanted in a guitar.
I'm not an Ibanez guy, but the finish is beautiful. def one of he nicest Ibanez finnishes I've seen
Quote by Ascendant
Really nice body! Pity they had to put that cheap looking rosewood fretboard on it.

HNGD anyway, bet it plays like a charm.

Yea, a few sacrifices were made to get it under $1000. No hard case, plain old rosewood fretboard. But I am very happy to step up a level in guitars, as I know this guitar was given detailed attention by their Japan Luthiers, and I will say the fret work and fretboard are pretty much perfect. No sharp edges, no flaws that I can see. So it got me to a level of guitar I have not owned before. So thats why I was ok with the sacrifices that other Prestige's have.

And to everyone, thanks for the compliments. I just stopped playing long enough to come here and say thanks. I agree, it is beautiful.
Gear:
Ibanez Prestige 1421F
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
MXR M108 10 band EQ.
Oh god, I wish I could get that in the UK. I'll have to settle with a white rg1451.

HNGD!!! Beautiful!!
Check out my band! Blues mixed with Indie/Alternative from the UK.
Badlands UK
ooh, very nice.

It's not cool how they seem to be US-market only.

EDIT: two quick questions, since you have it there- is the top just a veneer, and is the back see-through?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
ooh, very nice.

It's not cool how they seem to be US-market only.

EDIT: two quick questions, since you have it there- is the top just a veneer, and is the back see-through?

Yes, the top is veneer, and yes the back is see through, as far as you can see the wood grain through the paint.

And I agree about them being country limited. Thats a shame.
Gear:
Ibanez Prestige 1421F
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
MXR M108 10 band EQ.
thanks

I mean you can get the 1451 here, but yours is way nicer.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Sweet mother ****er I drooled all over my keyboard....

Goddamit....
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Thanks all. And yes, is very tight.
Gear:
Ibanez Prestige 1421F
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
MXR M108 10 band EQ.
awesome siggy VVolverin3. I copyed and pasted it on my FB status but the body got split in half

EDIT: That is one gorgeous Ibanez
Equipment
-Epiphone Les Paul Special II
-Line 6 Spider III
-FBV Express MKII Pedal
-Ernie Ball Wah Pedal

Favorite Bands/Artists
-My Chemical Romance
-Skillet
-Muse
-Santana
-Eminem
Very sweet... HNGD!
Call me old fashioned but I prefer 'rock music' that has electric guitars.