So which would be better for my situation? I'm having to choose between the Rode NT1-A or the MXL 2010 condenser mics. I record with Boss' BR-600 and am looking to find sort of an all purpose mic for vocals and instruments like acoustic guitar, mandolin, banjo, bass, keys, and other random odds and ends like irish whistles and harmonicas.
Now granted, those like keys, electric, and bass I will likely just plug in directly. But for everything else which mic would be better all around?
The Rode is just cardioid, whereas the MXL is omnidirectional. But the Rode also does just seem to have all around better sensitivity and dynamic range. So obviously the Rode would be better for vocals, but the MXL (because of its 3 directional settings) would be better for instruments because of panning stereo and all that... at least that's what I understand, which isn't much.

So which would be better all around, folks?

Thanks all for your time!
I've used a Rode NT1-A for Vocals and acoustic guitar, i'd definatly recommend it as it sounds amazing for the price and comes with a free 10 Year warranty.
Quote by Afroboy267
I've used a Rode NT1-A for Vocals and acoustic guitar, i'd definatly recommend it as it sounds amazing for the price and comes with a free 10 Year warranty.

Took my words