Hey guys,

so I was jamming a bit 5 minutes ago. When I was done I turned my amp into standby mode (I have a Koch Twintone II), then turned off the main power when the green light was dimmed out, which the manual said was the normal procedure for turning it off.

The only problem was, when I turned off the main power, this weird, very highpitched noise came out of the speaker it sounded like. I tried turning it on again, letting the tubes heat up, turned it out of standby, played some notes, and it sounded normal, turned it into standby again, and then the main power when the green light was dimmed, same noise. A very little crackle, then the highpitched squeal or something.

Anyone know what this is? Is it dangerous to my amp, should I get it checked out?

- Kergash
Gear:
ESP Horizon II
LTD EC-1000
Ibanez MDB1

Morgan BC40
Koch Twintone II

Quote by -xCaMRocKx-

YouTube: more morons than Yahoo Answers and more hate than 4chan. It's the Internet's premier breeding ground of complete idiocy.
I know that sound ...small animals screeches ...heard it from my own tube amps and solid state amps at shut down.

...really have no idea if it's harmful but I've heard it sometimes for like 40 yrs.

I'm gonna guess maybe some sort of power supply capacitor discharging but I don't think it's ever hurt a dang thing.

Tell me if I'm wrong folks
Alright, thanks for the info people!
Gear:
ESP Horizon II
LTD EC-1000
Ibanez MDB1

Morgan BC40
Koch Twintone II

Quote by -xCaMRocKx-

YouTube: more morons than Yahoo Answers and more hate than 4chan. It's the Internet's premier breeding ground of complete idiocy.