Page 1 of 2
Started this because i am amazingly happy right now. I just bought a Tony Iommi Humbucker off of craiglist for 50 bucks!!!! They go for well over 170 bucks each! I am so happy! ccant wait till i get em!
Quote by mcraddict81592
If you need to kill a man with a 9v adapter? I say strangulate. Or swing the heavy end around and aim for the temple, all depends on your style.

FrankenBee Build
i got a 1964 ampeg reverberocket with a new set of tubes in it for 400 bucks. they usually go for around a grand. sounds like a million bucks though.
Quote by Jarrodthebobo
Started this because i am amazingly happy right now. I just bought a Tony Iommi Humbucker off of craiglist for 50 bucks!!!! They go for well over 170 bucks each! I am so happy! ccant wait till i get em!

If it's not a fake then that's a solid deal man I've had two really good CL deals, a Crate Palomino V16 for $150 (don't have anymore though, sold it for $250 ) and a 1985 Fender Stratocaster contemporary (MIJ) with hard case for $350.
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
I got a 1970s Thomas electric organ for free about a month ago. It's in great shape too.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
1983 Gibson Lp Standard for $300. it looked a little rough, but played amazing. sold it for $1150 and all I did was a set up and polish!!
Quote by Jarrodthebobo

Grats, but that seems to be the going price for them used. Not a terribly amazing deal.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
I've never bought anything off of craigslist, but I have made one good sell. I sold my old starter pack guitar and amp for $150, the same price I bought it for.
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Grats, but that seems to be the going price for them used. Not a terribly amazing deal.

no...the going price for them is usually 189 bucks....go on musicians friend.

and to the other guy, yes they are real. comes in origianl box, with certificate of authenticity XD
Quote by mcraddict81592
If you need to kill a man with a 9v adapter? I say strangulate. Or swing the heavy end around and aim for the temple, all depends on your style.

FrankenBee Build
Quote by WtrPlyr
he said used

they arnt used, and even used i find em for 70 bucks-90 bucks
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
Quote by Jarrodthebobo

He means on the used market. That really is what most used pickups go for. Great deal if they haven't been installed.

I hope you enjoy them.

I found a Jackson DNKY with the hardshell case for 200. All I wanted was the case but it turned out the DNKY was in perfect shape, had sat for a few years. It had a bowed neck and all hardware was loose. Half hour of tweaks I had a perfect guitar, still have it too. (I wanted the case for my soloist)
Quote by Jarrodthebobo
they arnt used

Now that is something to be happy about.
Quote by R45VT
He means on the used market. That really is what most used pickups go for. Great deal if they haven't been installed.

I hope you enjoy them.

I found a Jackson DNKY with the hardshell case for 200. All I wanted was the case but it turned out the DNKY was in perfect shape, had sat for a few years. It had a bowed neck and all hardware was loose. Half hour of tweaks I had a perfect guitar, still have it too. (I wanted the case for my soloist)

wish i could get that lucky XD. my guitar teacher found the deal i was refering to XD. It's on pickup though, i also could win a pickup on ebay, gfs fat paf, for 10 bucks
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
My ESP SV-II was my best purchase though the odd thing was that the former owner owned it for a week.

It was priced $850 but I got it knocked down to a low $550.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Last edited by dark Mass at Apr 17, 2011,
I got my Peavey XXX head for $400 off of craigslist.

Maybe it wasn't a super fantastic deal on it but I thought it was pretty good and it was a major upgrade from my previous amp.
(Gear in profile)

Yes I do like metal, no I'm not a close minded idiot.
Quote by Jarrodthebobo

and to the other guy, yes they are real. comes in origianl box, with certificate of authenticity XD

Used, dumbass. If you managed to find a new one, more power to you.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Recently got an Ampeg V4 head and matching cabinet for $850, works incredibly well for both bass and guitar.
I used to think I knew what 'loud' meant
Jet propulsion disengage.

Quote by Xiaoxi
^I love your username
Peavey 5150 combo split into a separate head and combo for $400.

And if all goes well, I'm trading the head for a Peavey JSX.

EDIT: Also, RoadRunner 6 space rack for $40, Digitech rack delay for $20, 31-band rack EQ for $40, sold it all for $200.
Eh, small things.

Hartke Bass Attack VXL - 50€
Epi SG G400 - 113€
Laney LC15 - 120€
Laney DP215(?) - 100€ (I don't know if that's the correct name or how much it's actually worth, but 100€ for a 2x15" of pretty much any type is a good deal in my book.)
RP1000 for $230.
Guitar/bass/mandolin stuff:
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
Quote by AcousticMirror
I can't believe gibson charges 170 new for their shit pickups.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTT? SHIT?! THESE SOUND AMAZING!
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
jsx - $800, not too amazing, nothing better has come up
js100 - $400, it was upgraded with a mo'joe and PAF joe dimarzio pickups, the mojoe chrome costed 1/4 of the price i payed for it

Good times.
Traded a Spider III 75W and 100 bucks for a MIM Tele!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Ibanez S520QM for $100, input jack needed soldering
Crate Vintage Club 20 for $100
Crate Vintage Club 50 for $150, some jacks on board needed soldering
Pod X3 Live for $225 back when they were almost new to market
Pod XT Live for $80
67' Gibson Hawk amp for $100, replaced supply caps for $8
Almost forgot.....

I snagged an Ibanez IC-350 for $140.

The bridge is in pretty terrible shape and needs to be replaced but I wanted an Iceman ever since I started playing and I couldn't pass on that price. I was pretty psyched.
(Gear in profile)

Yes I do like metal, no I'm not a close minded idiot.
I've never bought anything on Craigslist, but I found a massively cheap listing for an apparently god conditioned Orange Thunderverb (Which I just tried out in Samash and LOVED immensely) and an Orange Rockerverb. He was also selling a 2x12 cab and a 4x12 cab.

The Rockerverb was about $700, the Thunderverb was $900.

I didn't buy it though
I got a minty American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster for $700--somewhere around $1000 off the new price.

I also got a late 60s/early 70s 2x15 bassman cab with brand new Weber California 15s ($230 in speakers, alone) for $200.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Marshall TSL < $500
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

I got a randall 120D Head and a 4x12 cab for just 375 delivered with the footpedal and 2 cables
mesa stiletto deuce - 800

traded that stiletto to a CList guy for his mesa lonestar special 4x10 combo
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Flextone III....$300 hahahahhahaha suckker

oh with a nice WGS speaker in there too, cosmetically perfect!
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Last edited by EspTro at Apr 17, 2011,
I do better selling on clist.

But an ampeg j12t for $150 ain't bad...
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Apr 18, 2011,
I'd say what I payed for my Agile was pretty awesome..

$300 bucks for my Agile Interceptor Pro 727. It's in flawless condition. FR seems stable and fine. No noticeable fret ware, and looks beautiful. He had it 18v modded, which I like very much.. Only downside was he had a tremol-no in there, but parts of it weren't included when I bought it. He ended up losing the pieces to it after installing it and never used it.
So now it's just the claw with the arm piece.. Works perfect, just semi-annoying because I have to secure the little arm bar piece or else it clangs around. No biggie to me.

I'd also say that I got another guitar for a steal.. LTD H-100, sometime last year I believe. Payed $100 bucks for it, it was fantastic. Ended up trading it even for an Ibanez RG2EX2 which I currently own and love to death. Basically paid 100 for the LTD, and then got to upgrade to a better neck, got the ability to coil-tap, and the overall feel of the guitar is just far better.
Last edited by TheAbsentOne at Apr 18, 2011,
Page 1 of 2