Page 1 of 5
Well, it's almost time to take AP exams once again. Continuing from where the last thread left off...

Which ones are you guys taking this year? Any advice to offer people who are taking a test that you've already taken?

Last year I took AP European History, and this year I'm taking AP US History and English 3 AP (forgot what the exam for that subject is called...). Anyway, it should be nice to get 'em over with; once we're done, we'll be doing absolutely nothing in those classes. But, until then, I'll have a fuck-ton of studying to do.

EDIT: Behold! A score calculator! http://appass.com/calculators/home
Last edited by Jon777 at May 5, 2011,
I'm not taking any as I am already at uni, i didn't even take any in high school....even if i would have it would have maybe saved me 6-9 credit hours at most....high school was way to early for me to really start caring about uni grades...
Last edited by FireHawk at Apr 17, 2011,
I didn't take any last year, but I'm taking Bio and Calc....god I can't wait for them to be done with.
Quote by ratracekid111
And the Tax! Dear God! When I only get one virgin a month, I want the whole freakin' thing! The damn government shouldn't be chopping it in half
If you're taking AP English, make an outline before you write your essay. Or sketch out an outline of your essay after you've written it. Just have an outline on your paper.

Bitches love outlines.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
what are AP exams?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Jackson Soloist Std. Professional '93
DiMarzio Evolution (bridge) SD Lil' Screamin Demon (neck)

-B.C. Rich Warlock Special Edition Metal Web

-Peavey Bandit 112
Quote by Jon777
Well, it's almost time to take AP exams once again. Continuing from where the last thread left off...

Which ones are you guys taking this year? Any advice to offer people who are taking a test that you've already taken?

Last year I took AP European History, and this year I'm taking AP US History and English 3 AP (forgot what the exam for that subject is called...). Anyway, it should be nice to get 'em over with; once we're done, we'll be doing absolutely nothing in those classes. But, until then, I'll have a fuck-ton of studying to do.

English 3 Ap = English Language and Composition

So Screwed for everything >.<
I'm taking US history, calculus AB, comparative world politics, and US government.

Yeah, I have a metric fuckton of studying I should probably be doing right about now.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
BC calculus, American government, english lit, and english language and composition. I've already taken chemistry and US history in the past. I'm not too worried about any of them. Advice: answer the question! They don't care how well you can write an intro paragraph (except english tests). They want to see if you know the information. Show them. Don't wastw time beating around the bush.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
I'm taking AP Literature, American Gov, Macro, Micro, and Enviro Science. After this I'll have 11 exams done, which counts for the entire first year of the college I'm going to (Florida State) so I can go directly into my major!

For anyone taking english language & comp, for the essay portion use a lot of detail. I got a five on the exam because I used the whole essay packet to write my responses with a ton of detail. Oh and use Rage Against the Machine references, apperantly most of the English language grading board are fans of Rage
I'm taking the AP Chemistry exam on May 2nd >_<

That crap is hard, yo
██████████████████████████████
next year I'm gonne be in AP Music
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
None last year, but APUSH and Chem this year.

I might be ****ed in APUSH because our teacher had a baby early in the year and wasn't there for 4 months. So needless to say we're pretty far behind right now. On top of that, she absolutely HATES teaching APUSH, so we don't really even get every far when she is there. But we took a practice exam last week and I did fairly well on it, so I may actually have a chance.

And I'm horrible in Chem, so we'll see how that goes. I'm just gonna practice the sh*t out of AP questions and hope I get used to the types of questions on the exam so I can make educated guesses. I don't even remember why I took this class
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
Last edited by lespaul1216 at Apr 17, 2011,
I'm taking Bio, Stats, and Spanish.

I'm not really worried about Bio because my teacher is a slavedriver and makes us study all the time, and even if I don't do well on Spanish (which I won't because who the hells can talk for 20 seconds in response to "Hola") I should get credit if I take another placement test since I've been learning Spanish for the last 10 years.

Stats, on the other hand...they should call that class AP Obscure Calculator Buttons
I don't remember how to do ANYTHING from last month or before that >.<

I took Chemistry, Micro/Macro econ, Lang and Comp, and Calc AB last year and APUSH the year before that.
Chemistry is a hard class, but you only need 35% or something to get a 3. Calc was alright, the free response questions were easy for me but the multiple choice sucked.

For the Lang/Comp exam, they like it if you can write humorously while still staying on topic so I think that's why I did well on that one, and it helps if you can read fast too for the MC section

I hate social studies so I didn't bother studying for APUSH or Econ. But WRITE FAST for APUSH
cat
Quote by Ralbert07
I'm taking the AP Chemistry exam on May 2nd >_<

That crap is hard, yo

I'm taking my AP Psych test on the same day. Let's both fail with pride, yo.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
I'm taking Spanish, Bio, Physics C Mech, Physics C E and M, AP Eng/Lit, and AP Euro. I'm feeling pretty good about all of them except Euro, and that can be fixed pretty easily.

The good news is that my real work year ends after May 9th. I'll probably be done with track. State competition for math team will be done like two weeks before then. I'm sure my English teacher will try to pull something, but being a senior is great.
Battling FC: 0259 8373 3725
Last edited by bearsfan092 at Apr 18, 2011,
Taking Physics C Mech, Physics C E and M, and Calc BC. Feeling pretty f***** over E and M.
Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
Quote by bearsfan092

The good news is that my real work year ends after May 9th. I'll probably be done with track. State competition for math team will be done like two weeks before then. I'm sure my English teacher will try to pull something, but being a senior is great.

Same, I can't wait for those 3 weeks of doing absolutely nothing
I still have to take finals for my non-AP classes later but there's only 3 of them and I don't care about them so it's all good
cat
I'm taking IB.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Quote by guitarxo

Stats, on the other hand...they should call that class AP Obscure Calculator Buttons
I don't remember how to do ANYTHING from last month or before that >.<

my friend failed out of AP stats halfway through the year. this is the same guy who was accepted to Harvard lol

Chemistry is a hard class, but you only need 35% or something to get a 3. Calc was alright, the free response questions were easy for me but the multiple choice sucked.

then this is good news. because if i get a 35% i'll have a heart attack out of pure shock.
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
Taking AP english lit and spanish

Last year I took environmental, gov, english lang, and music theory

If you had gov first semester, you're pretty much screwed unless you have great recollection of random court cases and different laws that have passed. Environmental was cake for me, however environmental science is what I'm planning on minoring in when I go to university, so that may have just been me. Lang and Music Theory are alright as long as you're confident in yourself.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
If at first you don't succeed, play bass.

Quote by Jackal58
Cats don't think. They plot.

Catch me on FLICKR
Proud owner of a beautiful PRS P22
Took AP Art History and AP Music Theory last year. I got a 3 on the Art History and a 2 on the Music Theory. I didn't put much time at all into studying either - granted I'm not sure how much good studying would do on the Music Theory exam.

This year I'm taking AP English 3, AP US History, AP Enviro Science, and AP Stats. I predict high marks on AP English and History because I enjoy both those classes immensely. I'll probably scrape a 3 or maybe a 4 if I'm lucky on the Enviro test. I'll be lucky to get a 3 on the Stats test.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Quote by lespaul1216
I might be ****ed in APUSH because our teacher had a baby early in the year and wasn't there for 4 months. So needless to say we're pretty far behind right now.

Ouch... That's pretty much the worst thing that could happen in an AP history class.
Good idea. I'm taking AP US history and AP English. Sadly, i forgot to fully pay for the tests so i'm at the mercy of the (hopefully) remaining extra tests...
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Taking Psych. I missed a the only practice session for the multiple choice part today cause I was on a field trip and couldn't make it in time T-T. I'm terrible at the written stuff too, but at least I have some time to practice.
Loyal Member of the "Pluto Memorial Club." PM Dæmönika
Member 20 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09
Member 4 of UG's Anti-Hunting League - PM Holy Katana
Heretic And Killer, P.M guitar_man_guy or T0xicitY
APs saved me so much, I got 33 credit hours just from them. Because of that, I managed to get a minor in psychology and finish all of my liberal studies in my first year. Last year, I did Stats, Literature, Micro, Government and Psychology. 4, 4, 4, 5, 4.
US History, and 11th grade English (Language and Composition). I am so ****ed. Hopefully I'll get 4s in each. 3s probably. 5s if I **** the people scoring them?
Taking AP Euro this year, next year is AP Calc, US History and Environmental Science.
What are you dense?
Are you retarded or something?
Who the hell do you think I am?
I'm the goddamn Batman.

April 19th, 2011: The Night of the Boob

What, no boobs in this thread?

And on similar topic, I might take APUSH next year.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Language and Composition, Chemistry, and World History.
Tonight I kill your fucking face.
I killed your face.

HG FC: 4211 7971 0287
Plt FC: 3052 1000 9033
Damn, there's a lot of smart people in the pit. >_>
What are you dense?
Are you retarded or something?
Who the hell do you think I am?
I'm the goddamn Batman.

April 19th, 2011: The Night of the Boob

I'm taking Calc BC, Physics B, Physics C E&M, Physics C Mech, Macroeco, US Gov and English Lit and Comp. Not really worried about any of them except maybe Mech since I slept through most of the first semester of physics.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Sophomore year I got a 3 on AP Euro, last year I got a 4 on APUSH and a 5 on Stats, and this year I'm taking Calc AB, English Lit, and US Gov/Poli Sci. I'm doing well in calculus and english, and my english teacher has an 88% pass rate on the exam in his class, so I'm not too worried. I just don't give a damn about Gov at this point, but my dad teaches it at another school so I'll probably do pretty well anyway.

Quote by mmolteratx
I'm taking Calc BC, Physics B, Physics C E&M, Physics C Mech, Macroeco, US Gov and English Lit and Comp. Not really worried about any of them except maybe Mech since I slept through most of the first semester of physics.

Holy sh*t. How do you have time to breathe?
Last edited by samick007 at Apr 20, 2011,
Quote by samick007

Holy sh*t. How do you have time to breathe?

I've never thought it was that bad. The only 'tough' classes I've ever taken were Physics C and Calc BC. Physics C would probably have been easier if I had actually taken B last year instead of skipping over it.

To be honest, I don't know why I'm taking all of these. The college I'm going to doesn't accept AP test scores.

EDIT: ^Calculus is my favorite math. It's actually useful.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Last edited by mmolteratx at Apr 20, 2011,
Chemistry, Biology, Statistics, and English Literature & Composition.

Anyone have any good suggestions for certain books?
Page 1 of 5