Page 1 of 2
In his defense, it is school milk:

A 12-year-old attendee of Ben Franklin Middle School in Valparaiso, Indiana dropped some milk this past Thursday. He refused to clean it up. The boy then refused to sit down and wait for other students to leave so that the lunch attendant could deal with him individually.

Instead, he got up and began to run around the school, and did not want to listen. So the school called the police. When the police caught him, he "attempted to get away," so they handcuffed him.

* Picture unrelated
wat
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
That's how we ****in do it in Indiana. If you don't like it, you can git out!
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
This would've never happened under McCain.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
Maybe the kid shouldn't be such a f*ckhead.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Last edited by Reisgar42 at Apr 17, 2011,
Meh. He was running and I'm sure he would have ran again the second a cop let go of him. The handcuffs are fine IMO. If he was pepper sprayed like that douche bag a few weeks ago pepper spraying the squirrel, then that's a problem.
To be honest, that kid sounds like a little attention whore.
Quote by Alix_D
Never heard of Seinfeld, what kind of music do they play? Assuming they use Kramers, it must be heavy!

SAVE GIBSON

Eh. Restraining the kid kept him from being crazier. Pepper spray would have been bad.

And I bet if the school did anything like that everyone would be down their throat suing them. It's sad that we have to call the police on a sixth grader.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
The kid sounds like a dick, but the cops? Really? When a kid is running around the school they call the cops? Was he running around the school with a 6 inch blade? Send that kid to the principle and have him suspended. It did make a funny story though.
back when I was young teachers knew how to handle kids without having to call law enforcement authorities. I find it very disturbing to know that suing soccer moms have driven teachers to the point where they have to take police officers off of their circuits in order to keep children in line at elementary school.

Shit's whack, yo.
Quote by CoreysMonster
back when I was young teachers knew how to handle kids without having to call law enforcement authorities. I find it very disturbing to know that suing soccer moms have driven teachers to the point where they have to take police officers off of their circuits in order to keep children in line at elementary school.

Shit's whack, yo.

Exactly. I think you got right to the point about the suing thing too, it's not like the teachers were running around like headless chickens like 'HE SPILT HIS MILK, HE'S OUT OF CONTROL', it's more like if they restrained him they could lose their jobs and never be able to teach again so they had to call someone else in to do it. I wouldn't take that risk if someone was being a gobby little brat to me.
Thread title gave me a vision of officers tackling a little kid in terror after knocking milk off the table. Lols ensued.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
I wish I was in school in the 70s, they never had problems like this..

Also, thread starter, what part of Upstate do you reside in?
Quote by SadusAttack

What the **** do you know about school in the 70s?
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Yea, I would have got sent to the principal and possibly paddled. I was a ****ing crazy kid and got it a few times. Now I'm pretty chilled out.

And a few years after I left elementary they had to send home permission slips to read Harry Potter in class. The teacher that inspired my love of reading could barely read the material that inspired tons of kids before because of asshole parents.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Reisgar42
Maybe the kid shouldn't be such a f*ckhead.

This.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by BladeSlinger
Yea, I would have got sent to the principal and possibly paddled. I was a ****ing crazy kid and got it a few times. Now I'm pretty chilled out.

And a few years after I left elementary they had to send home permission slips to read Harry Potter in class. The teacher that inspired my love of reading could barely read the material that inspired tons of kids before because of asshole parents.

You guys have to stop posting your school experiences, it makes me really sad for you. You actually got abused by your headteacher? That's awful Is corporal punishment not illegal in America yet?

And the book thing is just pathetic. Permission slips, wtf. The US needs to get its act together.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

You guys have to stop posting your school experiences, it makes me really sad for you. You actually got abused by your headteacher? That's awful Is corporal punishment not illegal in America yet?

And the book thing is just pathetic. Permission slips, wtf. The US needs to get its act together.

No, you get smacked by your parents.

It builds character, unlike Europe
Quote by SadusAttack

Schoharie County, NY. What about you?
Quote by darkcheef
No, you get smacked by your parents.

It builds character, unlike Europe

Let's just compare our education league tables, shall we?

/trollface.jpg
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

To be fair, Germany supports more intelligent kids as much as a bad sports bra supports tits hanging down to the ground. The American education system in the 90's was bad, yes, but the European system isn't without flaws either.

EDIt: to clarify, in the US, teachers actually debated about wether or not to allow me to skip a grade, and I was offered a bunch of special classes since my reading ability was far beyond my age level.

In germany, they skipped me a grade when I was 15, and when I was having problems, they basically said "though shit, either pull your balls together or repeat the year".
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Apr 17, 2011,
This only happened because teachers don't have the ability to properly handle the situation. Teachers these days can get fired for merely touching a kid. Imagine if they had to restrain them, too.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

I don't know if it is or not. Honestly, it's not that bad. It's not like they were throwing us around the room or anything. Max of three swats and there had to be witnesses to make sure nothing nothing went amiss. I was a ticking time bomb as a child. I would snap and ****ing charge people swinging, scratching and swinging. Sometimes there was a reason, sometimes there wasn't much. When someone was bullying me, there was non corporal punishment for both parties. When I attacked a classmate unprovoked, there was corporal punishment and it worked. It may not be used now since I was in elementary like 8 years ago.

And the book thing is ****ing ridiculous. It's the religious wackjobs who thought it was evil and freaked out when their kids were having it read to them in class.

If you saw how the kids in elementary school act, you'd probably be tempted to smack them. I hear some ridiculous shit. For as long as I can remember it wasn't mandatory, the parent could specify if they didn't want corporal punishment applied. I'm very anti-violence and a very passive person but I don't see any negative effects from having corporal punishment applied to me. It's very cause and effect oriented and worked for me. I don't necessarily support it but it worked in my case and I stayed out of trouble from middle school on.

EDIT: And a lot of it stems from the education system sucking and how a lot of kids are raised. Parents get so ****ing arrogant that they let their kids do whatever they want and the school has to deal with it.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at Apr 17, 2011,
It's a problem with parenting, not with the schools themselves. Teachers do what they can.

And no, corporal punishment is pretty much NEVER used in the U.S. Though I'd be fine with it if it was.

The Europe>U.S. arrogance on UG is infuriating at times, I don't look forward to being treated like an ignorant dumbass when I go to Europe in the summer.
Page 1 of 2