Hey guys. I'm looking to build my own amp, but i don't know amps very well. I can wire up just about anything, but it's the individual sounds of the amps i don't know. I'm hoping to have something sound like this when fully cranked. What amp could get me similar, so i can look into some clone kits like that.

Thanks in advance
Jack uses a cranked fender amp. I think it's a twin reverb.
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
you can find scematics for most any fender,marshall,ect on line do a google search.I found a site one time that had even mesa schematics.
Fender Twin Reverb with the beautiful overdriven tubes on clean. But just as important in Jack's sound is a semi-hollow body guitar. You won't be able to replicate that tone as well with a solid body.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
I'm not looking to sound exactly like that. I'm just looking for an amp with a natural distortion similar to that.

Another question then, since an actual twin reverb is way outta my price range. Could i build a simplified version, using the same tubes and get close to that sound? I don't need reverb, or vibrato. I simply want volume and a tonestack.
Quote by andyscoot
I'm not looking to sound exactly like that. I'm just looking for an amp with a natural distortion similar to that.

Another question then, since an actual twin reverb is way outta my price range. Could i build a simplified version, using the same tubes and get close to that sound? I don't need reverb, or vibrato. I simply want volume and a tonestack.

Well Jack uses a lot of pedals to get that distortion sound. That isn't the amp's natural distortion. Look into a NYC Big Muff. That may be close to the sound you're looking for.
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
The sound in that video is straight through the amp. You can tell when he uses the muff, and it aint then. He has a fairly sparse pedalboard. A POG/Whammy/Muff/Micro Amp.
Quote by andyscoot
The sound in that video is straight through the amp. You can tell when he uses the muff, and it aint then. He has a fairly sparse pedalboard. A POG/Whammy/Muff/Micro Amp.

Hmm, ok. Well honestly I don't know a lot about different fender amps, so I couldn't tell you which one is going to sound closest to the twin reverb. The Fender Champ is supposed to be a fairly simple circuit. You might try that.
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
Quote by Robbgnarly
Marshall plexi, JCM800, Hiwatt maybe even a fender blackface.

That's more of a cranked Fender sound.

There's too much bass and too little midrange.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.