looks right from the photos and the post but how can you tell without going!

i've gotten a few guitars at half price or better from a similar site without problems (gumtree)

if you're not sure you'll be safe take a friend with you and let some people know where you're going and when you should be back; if you're meeting in the guys house the only chance he's going to have to rip you off is giving you a dud guitar i suppose :p

looks like a good deal from what i see
well i will be going soon to check it out haha i jsut hope its a good buy and like a real steal, and not jsutlike a 700$ guitar thats beat up and being sold a little cheaper.
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
well a lot of my question is wondering if its even worth it. is it a good guitar to get for that price? i read somewhere that it was originalyl for 700 and then it was around 500 when it was being taken off the market. i dont wanna buy something thats not worth it.
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
Could still be OK. Call him and ask a few questions, not actually to learn about the guitar, but to get a feel for what kind of guy he is. If he seems reasonable, show him the ebay listing, then make him a lowball offer. He can't hurt you over the phone. If he's motivated you could get it for way less than what he's asking. Of course, if you make an offer over the phone, and he accepts, you are obligated to follow through, unless he was lying when he said it plays well.
dont lowball him.. chances are he over paid originally and is just trying to lose as little as possible.
just tell him youre hesitating to go for the asking price when you can find the same model on ebay for $400 easily. just dont be a dick or your chances are dead..