Does anyone know if I need the Long Shaft pots for use with EMGs on a PRS Singlecut (Tremonti SE) like I do on a Gibson Les Paul or will the standard ones fit. Thanks in advance,

Jake
I'm not sure, but the emg's include the pots, so you might wanna use the ones that come with them. I own a SE Singlecut too, but I wouldn't use EMG on it, I have another guitar with EMG's and the PRS sounds really good, the sound can get heavy, but it's really clear when distorted, the EMG's are heavier, but noisier. SE's have a really good sound for their price, you could stick to their pickups and put the EMG's on another guitar, because they sound really good
Quote by mikeiff
I'm not sure, but the emg's include the pots, so you might wanna use the ones that come with them. I own a SE Singlecut too, but I wouldn't use EMG on it, I have another guitar with EMG's and the PRS sounds really good, the sound can get heavy, but it's really clear when distorted, the EMG's are heavier, but noisier. SE's have a really good sound for their price, you could stick to their pickups and put the EMG's on another guitar, because they sound really good

im going to kindly disagree. iv owned 3 SE's now, one of them had EMGs. the EMGs are quiter, heavier and clearer. the way i see it is SE stock<EMGs<higher end passives. thats just me though. the stock SEs were a little muddy when the gain is cranked. they are good sounding for mid output, cheap pickups, but if youre considering emgs, you obviously want a heavy sound, and the stock SEs are eh. if you want emgs, get em, but consider some nice passives. i like actives and all, but not in my main.

on topic, im almost positive regular shafts will work bc the top on the singlecuts are shallow. if you want to be positive, take one of the pots out of yours without disconnecting it and eyeball it.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Last edited by xxunder-takerxx at Apr 17, 2011,