Lately I've been using Reaper and the Guitar Rig plug-in (pretty sure theres a trial version of guitar rig you can download free if you didn't check it out)

Not tried the line 6 plug in so couldn't chose out of the two but there was nothing WRONG with AmpliTube I can remember; why not try it out and see what works better for you rather than worrying about what other people think :p http://www.ikmultimedia.com/amplitube/download/

I think they're all designed to work as a plug in with your DAW (so yes Cubase :>
I thought POD Farm was a lot better than Guitar Rig. Although I do like the effects in Guitar Rig. There are free amp sims though that can give you just as good if not better tone.

I've never used amplitube before though
Try the new Free Amplutibe they're giving away at their page!
I haven't tried the Line 6 yet...
Currently downloading the Amplitube demo, do Line 6 have a demo version of their POD Farm?

Also, will this work with Audacity (I'm using this until I get Cubase).
I'm a huge fan of POD Farm. The presets are shit though; you have to do quite a bit of tweaking to get really good tones out of the sims.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
I've got a song in my profile that's all Pod Farm. So you might want to take a listen, to get an idea what you can get.
The stock settings are shit though so you should make all the patches yourself to get a good sound IMO.
Gear:
----------------------
Jack and Danny Brothers Ls-5
Ibanez Gsa 60
----------------------
Zoom g9.2tt (for sale (NL))
----------------------
Blackheart Little Giant
I've listened to the Mario song on your profile, the guitar tone is pretty good. How did you program the drums?
I did the drums in EZ drummer using fruity loops.
The bass is just a normal guitar with a detuner pedal in pod farm.
Gear:
----------------------
Jack and Danny Brothers Ls-5
Ibanez Gsa 60
----------------------
Zoom g9.2tt (for sale (NL))
----------------------
Blackheart Little Giant
i have done all my songs with pod farm and i love it! specially the big bottom amp sim. i got some of my tunes linked in my signature check them out and "like" the page while youre there!
Amplitube have a free version up now called 'custom shop' pretty reasonable, and you can expand it with purchases from the 'custom shop'.