I'm just trying to figure out what program to use to do some recording/editing with. I've really only used Audacity and Sony Acid Studio before..
I'm curious about Cubase and Soundbooth..
I really just want something that has a good interface, good built in effects and simply want to make a really good sounding recording come out of it...

Any suggestions?
Thanks
From my experience with Cubase, it is a decent, all-round software. I've used it to create songs from scratch, and record guitar parts (coupled with a Nio FX Rack). Never used Soundbooth, although my friend thinks its better than Cubase.
Reaper, its pretty much a free pro recording software
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Man, thank God the russians created UG. Otherwise, how would I have gotten this information?
Quote by 100%
Reaper, its pretty much a free pro recording software

There's nothing pro about Reaper, in my opinion....if you're deciding between Soundbooth and Cubase and have the option to get both for free than get both and test them out to see which one you prefer. If money is no concern or you have a decent budget than look into getting Pro Tools. It has good built in effects, is an industry standard, and is fairly decent for composing, and excellent for tracking and mixing
if youre serious about recording music it comes down to these:

Cubase
Pro Tools
Ableton
FL Studio

try them out, have no experience whatsover with reaper, although it is gaining field i dont think it is used by professional sound engineers or producers yet..

If you dont want to invest lots of time learning how to use the software i recommend ableton live
Last edited by Slashiepie at Apr 18, 2011,
if youre serious about recording music it comes down to these:

Cubase
Pro Tools
Ableton
FL Studio

try them out, have no experience whatsover with reaper, although it is gaining field i dont think it is used by professional sound engineers or producers yet..

If you dont want to invest lots of time learning how to use the software i recommend ableton live

Although I use FL Studio for everything...rock, metal, hip hop, electronic...idk if I would recommend it for recording live instruments if you have ever used Reaper, Cubase, PT, etc. For some reason everyone I know has a lot more problems grasping FL Studios live instrument recording, and for some reason they think they have to use Edison. Although I think FL is the easiest it seems a lot of people just don't get it/over think it.

There is nothing wrong with FL (well worth the $200 I paid for it), and I have converted a few people who work with me a lot to it.

My Suggestion: Try them all and see what works best for you cause in the end that is all that matter because with VSTs you can do about anything with any DAW. No matter what some of the elitist believe. It's all about your workflow.
Last edited by FireHawk at Apr 18, 2011,