hi guys i play guitar seinze 1.5 yeas and if some one gives me an electrique guitar i can play some good stuff but if he gives me an acoustic i don't have much to play .. so what should i learn ?
any tecknique ... song .. anything ll be good
thx
This probably isnt the answer you were looking for. But play whatever you feel like... the instrument shouldnt dictate what you have to play.

here is a perfect example... this dude plays a sweet techno song on an acoustic. I dont even like techno, but I have to give credit where credit is due!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXqPYte8tvc
Quote by MetlHed94

Well played, sir, well played.
Check out Vindicated (acoustic) by Dashboard confessional

all the chords are very similar and rely on similar strings though acoustic / clean chords they are pretty simple once you practice a few times.
Equip:

RG350 DX

SM57

Fast Track Pro - M Audio
just full chords instead of power chords... try learning a song like plush by stonetemple pilots or learn some acoustic blues stuff, just learn chords, open chords sound awesome on an acoustic just something like

| G | D | Em C | G |

or you can try something like

| D | Dsus4 | Dsus2 | Amin | D |

these kind of things almost always sound awesome to non musicians (or sometimes even non guitarists) you can also arppegiate these chords and play them fingerstyle (finger style almost always looks impressive to non guitarists as well)

also you can just try to practice on an acoustic, acoustic guitars are ususally more dificult to fret than electrics, so that may also be part of your problem.
Quote by Dirk Gently
Some pieces are only meant to be played by people with six fingers on their fretting hand. Sorry.
huuh chords ? ? ? i can do all that stuff but i mean with an electrique guitar u can sweep shred pinch harmonics .... what are the things that u can do with an acoustic !!
Quote by mado-elodie
huuh chords ? ? ? i can do all that stuff but i mean with an electrique guitar u can sweep shred pinch harmonics .... what are the things that u can do with an acoustic !!

PLAY ANYTHING YOU WANT!!! There is no specific style or techniques you have to use or can't use on acoustic when compaired to electric. The only limit is your imagination! Name any style or technique played on an electric and there is someone out there who is playing it on an acoustic and playing it very well. They make acoustic/electrics... throw a little gain on and you can even pull of a squealer if you want "aka your pinch harmonic"!

Acoustic Arpeggio Sweep picking warm up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIoPraYDH1I&feature=related

Acoustic techno
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXqPYte8tvc

Acoustic slapping/tapping
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBQQ4X2i0BQ&feature=related

Michael Jackson's - Man In The Mirror - on Acoustic
http://www.youtube.com/user/jwcfree#p/u/49/o4nSL5_zk3c
Quote by MetlHed94

Well played, sir, well played.
Quote by mado-elodie

If you can play chords already, then you can sound impressive to most people using an acoustic, it lends itself to chords way better than electrics do. and if you can finger pick already then you should be able to make that sound even more impressive.

look into finger picking..... there are some insane fingerpicking passages out there and some real impressive bands out there that use finger picking. try checking out rodrigo y gabriela (they got some sick acoustic guitar work).

also if you want me to be totally honest I learned how to do three string sweeping on an acoustic.... pinch harmonics are totally do-able, they are just a bit more difficult than hitting them on an electric. basically anything is possible. also check out Sungha Jung proof that you can do a ton of things with an acoustic guitar (yeah he's way more advanced than most people, but he's god damn impressive and all acoustic).
Quote by Dirk Gently
Some pieces are only meant to be played by people with six fingers on their fretting hand. Sorry.
All the chords are very similar and rely on similar strings though acoustic / clean chords they are pretty simple once you practice a few times.
Quote by mado-elodie

I might just sig that idiocy.
It's already been said, but chords and fingerpicking is a good playing skill. My suggestion are to play songs like "Swing Life Away" by Rise Against (It's mostly power chords, so it'd be an easy transition from electric), "Overkill" by Colin Hay (Same reason, "Goodbye Young Tutor, I've Now Outgrown You" by Say Anything (Simple, somber, and sounds difficult), but abover all, just screwing around with different chords and finger-picking styles can get you noticed.

Experiment and decide what you like. If all else fails, don't play acoustic, just jam on the electric. No one will argue with your logic if you shred their face off.

Good luck, my friend.
"This nightmare's gonna break me.
Please, Daylight, save me..."