Right guys, i am trading in some stuff i have and get up to £300 to spend. I have looked at a few guitars i like and both are on my wish list.

Now which to get?

Jackson DK2: http://www.dawsons.co.uk/acatalog/jackson_dk2_dinky_transparent_black.html

This has h/s/s which i dont really like, but i will change the humbucker anyway. It is 2nd hand but in like new condition.

Ibanez: http://www.dawsons.co.uk/acatalog/ibanez_grg250dx_black_flat.html

I liked the sound of it, and like the coloured inlays, but feel i will lose too much when i come to sell it.

So guys which is my best buy?
Running through:

Engl Fireball
Engl Slanted Cab
Ibanez Xiphos
Schecter C-1 FR Black
Ibanez GRG (on its way)

Pedals:
Boss Noise Gate, Zakk Wylde Overdrive, Boss Tuner, Zakk Wylde Wah.
Why wouldn't you like the H/S/S configuration? Having two single coils above the bridge pickup is way more versatile than one humbucker (even if it is coil tapped) and it's just as useful as having a humbucker in the neck and a single coil in the middle in most cases.

The Ibanez is a Gio series and is going to be of much worse build/sound quality than the Jackson.

I don't see how this is a contest between the two guitars, the Jackson is definitely better, new or used.
I have never really had a single coil and thereofre dont really know what they will be like for metal.

But i heard the jacksons pup and i didnt like it so i guess i can swap it for a BKP
Running through:

Engl Fireball
Engl Slanted Cab
Ibanez Xiphos
Schecter C-1 FR Black
Ibanez GRG (on its way)

Pedals:
Most metal is played using the bridge pickup, and you can always use the middle + neck pickups together if you're desperate for 'metal' in the neck...

Having two single coils will be far more versatile though, and imo you shouldn't just buy a guitar for metal, there are a million 'metal' guitars out there, but finding other tones and playing other genres is generally more difficult
well to be honest i was leaning more to the jackson, but i did prefer the ibby neck
Running through:

Engl Fireball
Engl Slanted Cab
Ibanez Xiphos
Schecter C-1 FR Black
Ibanez GRG (on its way)

Pedals:
That Ibanez neck feels really cheap in person, and being a Gio it doesn't even have the standard Wizard-II neck
Ibanez gio is just waste. I love ibanez have two rgs and still think that their entry level stuff is crap. Get the jackson, lower the middle single so that it doesn't get in the way of your picking, and if you are desperate for a metal neck pickup in a single coil route, seymour duncan and dimarzio do so many high output humbuckers (mainly rails) that fit a single coil route
Why wouldn't you want the DK2 for the two single coils? It just makes the guitar ever the more versitile. Also, as someone else said, a lot of your rythym and lead playing is done with the bridge pickup anyway. Single coils i find sound very articulate with gain too.

Also, the DK2 has a Seymour Duncan JB. That's a pretty damn good pickup in my opinion
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Apr 17, 2011,
I'm a huge Ibanez fan and I usually don't hesitate to recommend the Ibanez, but to be honest, don't bother with the Gio... get the Jackson. The HSS configuration is versatile as hell and the Seymour Duncan JB is an excellent pup for metal and hard rock. Plus, it's guaranteed to be built more solidly, sound better, and be made with much better materials. Get the Jackson. Plus, the top is great looking where as the Gio kind of looks like a toy with the red and black... but that's a personally preference.

Jackson is my vote...
Ibanez S2170FB Prestige + Crunch Lab
Ibanez RG1570MRR Prestige + Crunch Lab
Taylor 214CE
Peavey 6505MH + Orange PPC112 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube
Get the Jackson as it's a better instrument overall than that POS Ibby.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Cool Il get the Jackson then.

Thanks guys for confirming my thoughts
Running through:

Engl Fireball
Engl Slanted Cab
Ibanez Xiphos
Schecter C-1 FR Black
Ibanez GRG (on its way)

Pedals:
Not to say all Ibanez are sh*t, but Ibanez GRG or any G-something guitar is going to be terrible if it's not your first guitar (and even then I hope you have a version without a Floyd copy).

So yeah, in this case I'd go with the Jackson.

You were talking about a pickup swap... Single-coil sized humbuckers make a good compromise in my opinion. Set one in the neck pickup of that Jackson and it's going to be golden.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Save an extra £100 and buy my RG2550.

Blows both of those away.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
The Ibanez GIO series are for beginners, I have one and they're really low quality, obviously the one you've linked is a "higher" end GIO, but still a GIO nonetheless. I'm an Ibanez fanboi, but the jackson is seriously better, and single coils are awesome when you have a metal bridge humbucker, your guitar will do anything
The Jackson, of course!

Also, if memory serves correctly the two singles aren't true singles, they're Duncan Classic Stacks. Basically they're designed to sound like single coils, but without the hum.
I'm thinking about getting the same Jackson, and it will kick the shit out of the Ibanez in every way. Hell, even though my Ibanez is a low-end Rg, it would still be better than that Ibanez
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

"There are times in your life when you have to ask yourself the question "What would Charlie Sheen do?""

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by TheBlackening91
there are a million 'metal' guitars out there, but finding other tones and playing other genres is generally more difficult

Other genres are generally more difficult than metal??? Really???
Quote by AeolianSeventh
Maybe there are gnomes in your air conditioning vents using out-of-phase parabolic speakers to deaden vibrations from a distance.
Quote by Tom 1.0
Save an extra £100 and buy my RG2550.

Blows both of those away.

I would mate, but im kinda doing a trade in and dont have the cash. If i did they i might have considered it.
Running through:

Engl Fireball
Engl Slanted Cab
Ibanez Xiphos
Schecter C-1 FR Black
Ibanez GRG (on its way)

Pedals: