So i'm thinking of buying a Dean Razorback DB and i already have an Epiphone Les Paul Propchecy Ex, so if i buy the Razorback which one should i use for low tuning (drop c and lower) and which one should i use for higher tuning (drop c and up)
that would all be personall preference my friend.

but may i recommend getting a guitar with a totally different tone? because it sounds like your stuck to the more "metal-y" tones. since your looking towards a second guitar it may be more beneficial as a musician to have a totally different tone.

for instance, i just got a jay turser serpent, while my main electric is a modified fender blacktop jaguar. i also have a baritone acoustic and and a grand auditorium sized acoustic.
Why a Razorback in particular? And why that model?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Apr 17, 2011,
Yeah, you don't really need two guitars that are so metal-y if you haven't really got a 'signature' tone yet.

I would advise using the LP for dropped tunings and making your next guitar one that has a more versatile tone (maybe a B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST - relatively cheap considering it has so many features found on higher ends guitars such as Ebony fingerboard and Neck through construction, and you can get some pretty nice/versatile tones from the Rockfield Mafia pickups.

Also Slash uses one, so why not, it's better than another Les Paul right?
I'm considering a Razorback because the DB version is pretty cheap, the sound from it is quite good for the price and of course u look like a total badass with a razorback xD
Tbh mate, i have had very bad experiences with Deans. My mate has a Dimeblade ML and it is a £300 (almost $500) piece of junk. My Stagg V had a better neck and the neck is warped on it! The only vaguely redeeming feature was the body shape.

They are horifically overpriced and the neck feels like sandpaper and the zebra pickups are bland. The Razorback DB is similarly priced (about $500 ish). You can get a much much better guitar for that pricepoint.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
The Mockingbird ST is somthing i wouldn't recommend. I have heard a couple of complaints about that guitar having TONS of fret buzz because of bad fret levelling and even though to floyd rose claims to be a Schaller one, there are no markings on it to prove it. Plus for many people, it never stays in tune and doesn't flutter like the Schaller original floyd rose does. Bc Rich has a reputation for putting cheap body woods in their guitars as well. Even moderatly priced guitars from Bc Rich are made from Agathis

i also think the Mockingbird ST is made from Nato, which is basically a cheap substitute for mahogany
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Apr 17, 2011,
Razorbacks are horrible guitars. Horrible, horrible guitars.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
ive had great experiences in mine, but i recommend weighing what its going to be used for, i used mine for a heavy band, but now im in a rock/pop punk band it doesnt fit the bill with appearances. dont go gig with it when you wanna play jazz. looks dumbbbb haha
but use the lp for droppped. your gunna keep anything with a floating bridge in one tuning for the rest of its life haha

otherwise itll just be a pain
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
The Mockingbird ST is somthing i wouldn't recommend. I have heard a couple of complaints about that guitar having TONS of fret buzz because of bad fret levelling and even though to floyd rose claims to be a Schaller one, there are no markings on it to prove it. Plus for many people, it never stays in tune and doesn't flutter like the Schaller original floyd rose does. Bc Rich has a reputation for putting cheap body woods in their guitars as well. Even moderatly priced guitars from Bc Rich are made from Agathis

i also think the Mockingbird ST is made from Nato, which is basically a cheap substitute for mahogany

I'd disagree, I've played my friends one and the fret leveling is fine, and the floyd works perfectly.

The wood is probably Nato, but let's face it, most people (probably you included) wouldn't tell the difference in sound between a Mockingbird made from 'real' Mahogany, one made from Nato and one made from Basswood
I guess what i said about Nato is a bit harsh, but i can hear a bit of a difference. from experience, is a bit brighter sounding than mahogany because it is slightly harder, but apart from that, it is very similar. I know this because i made a comparison between a Bc Rich Jr V and a PRS Torero. Whatever wood you like is down to taste. Everything else i said has come from this guy. Trust me. He knows his shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6liq9e0_eg4

Near the end of the vid btw. I suppose he might of just bought a bad one. But the fact that Bc Rich builds guitars with these problems and lets them squeeze past quality control makes me more and more unsure. Best thing to do is to try before you buy.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Apr 18, 2011,
The mockingbird I have has a mahogany neck through and body with a maple cap..Ive heard the newer ones have a mohagony neckthrough with the sides of the body being nato with a maple cap. Technicaly b.c.rich can say 100% mohagony and never mention nato as nato is 100% a mahogony species. I heard manufacturers are doing the exact thing.
But I was thinking...if the neck is mohaony and it is a neckthrough then the bridge/pickups all are on mohagony..would gluing sides made of different wood make a difference?