I'm trying to record some playing on my laptop here but every attempt is being ruined by a loud whirring sound in the background. Any ideas what would be causing this and how I can get rid of it?
It's me, hiding in your closet and making that sound with my mouth when you start recording.

Sorry, I'll try to stop next time.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
Laptop fan, maybe?

That's what I thought, since it's literally the only thing making anything resembling a sound in my room at the minute, but it doesn't sound very much like a fan, more like the annoying sound crickets make...?
Yeah, I uploaded an example to my profile there now: On the version of Hallelujah, listen to how pervasive that annoying sound is
it's my heart beating for you.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
if you're using the onboard mic then it's definitely the fan, hardrive, and anyother moving part in your laptop.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
I recorded all those songs except hallelujah a few weeks ago with this exact same setup, and since then whenever I've tried to record anything again that noise has been ruining every take

^ I'm using a USB-mic, I think it might be the one from Guitar Hero etc
Quote by Fivebretz
I recorded all those songs except hallelujah a few weeks ago with this exact same setup, and since then whenever I've tried to record anything again that noise has been ruining every take

^ I'm using a USB-mic, I think it might be the one from Guitar Hero etc

Found your problem.

Get an interface.
What do you mean by interface? And it really doesn't sound like the fan to me, and like I said I recorded other songs in this exact same way without the noise...?