I'm having such a music drought right now. I listen to pretty much everything, and lately I've been going through a lot of grunge. But I'm thirsting for something NEW. Any good bands formed in the last 5-10 years that are doing anything original?

I'd really love to feast my ears on some fresh music right about now
Muse, QOTSA, Foxy Shazam, Pulled Apart By Horses.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Listening to Foxy Shazam at the moment. These guys are crazy, but I love it. So different.
Mars Volta/Omar Rodriguez Lopez, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Animals as Leaders, Butthole Surfers(older band but relativeily unknown)
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Loving Biffy Clyro and Guided By Voices myself at the moment.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
The Gaslight Anthem - A newer straight up rock band in the vein of Petty, Springsteen, Seger, with a newer sound and slight punk feel.
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Pixies, Dinosaur Jr, Butthole Surfers (early stuff), Violent Soho (new grunge band, check out Jesus Stole My Girlfriend and Muscle Junkie), Kopek, QOTSA, Kyuss, Sleep
RAW POWER
Quote by TheLetherHed
Listening to Foxy Shazam at the moment. These guys are crazy, but I love it. So different.

Yip. Very cool, innovative band.
Quote by ErikLensherr

Coheed and Cambria and Karnivool are my picks
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
All good bands though.
Quote by ErikLensherr

This is probably the 20th time I've recommended these guys on this forum! lol...

ENVY ON THE COAST!!!!
Do you love Alice In Chains and Metallica? How about Tool and Velvet Revolver?...then you need to check out one of the most refreshing new hard rock bands in awhile...-->The Liberty Underground<--
Quote by frankv
Yep, pretty new bands.

I just figured he meant new music for himself, not to... well the few of us who do listen to awesome music. Should have read more of his post haha.
RAW POWER