Thats the exact set up i have.

Yes theyre compatible.

Yeah its deafening.

Maybe get the combo though, i kinda wanna swap my speaker out for the G12H30 anyway, i think that speaker compliments the amp better than the V30.
When I tried the TH30 with a V30-loaded cab it sounded great. Had to keep the Shape-knob at noon or lower though.

Anyway, it'll work and it'll be plenty loud. Whether you'll like the sound is a different matter.
Quote by beckyjc
Thats the exact set up i have.

Yes theyre compatible.

Yeah its deafening.

Maybe get the combo though, i kinda wanna swap my speaker out for the G12H30 anyway, i think that speaker compliments the amp better than the V30.

Thanks for the reply. My combo exploded today so I think I'm gonna go for this set-up. Btw, your review of the Thunder 30 head was great. Really helpful and informative.
Quote by TheQuailman
When I tried the TH30 with a V30-loaded cab it sounded great. Had to keep the Shape-knob at noon or lower though.

Anyway, it'll work and it'll be plenty loud. Whether you'll like the sound is a different matter.

Yeah I've tried this head with another cabinet before and it sound great but obviously I'll have to try before I buy. Luckily, my local guitar shop has both of these in stock so I'll have to check 'em out soon.