...while fooling around with Audacity and my netbook's crappy microphone, singing George Michael's "Faith" for my own amusement. Kinda choked on my own saliva towards the end, but listening back to it for laughs, I was thinking, "Wow, this is actually quite good, for being so darn goofy." I posted the file on my profile, if you folks would care to tell me what you think: http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/giveitaname87/
Quote by Rox0r713
I nominate giveitaname87 for UG's "Most likely to be a Serial Killer" award.
Not bad - lacking a little power and energy at times, but not bad. I'd like to hear you do something with a backing track.

What's this about not liking cilantro? <gasp> Cilantro is what makes salsa salsa.
Quote by KG6_Steven
Not bad - lacking a little power and energy at times, but not bad. I'd like to hear you do something with a backing track.

What's this about not liking cilantro? <gasp> Cilantro is what makes salsa salsa.

Some people with certain taste receptors find that it tastes very strongly of soap. lol
I think it's hard to hear in the softer sections because the mic's so bad and because I'm sitting 4 feet away. Thanks to both of you for the comments.
Quote by Rox0r713
Quote by KG6_Steven

+1
Man, I could eat a whole mouthful of cilantro and never regret it.

Yeah, that's often the problem with home recording setups. Bad microphones, too far away and improperly engineered audio all make for less than ideal sound. If you happen to do another in the future, I'd be more than happy to give it a listen. You were definitely in-tune, which makes it easy on the ears.
It's good. You could definetely perform, and with a band behind would sound very good.

I doubt you just woke up and suddenly could sing like this... how long have you practised? You just sing at random or do you follow a schedule?

Nice work
Quote by Guitarra_acores
It's good. You could definetely perform, and with a band behind would sound very good.

I doubt you just woke up and suddenly could sing like this... how long have you practised? You just sing at random or do you follow a schedule?

Nice work

I just sing sometimes to goof around, like at restaurants I'll sing along dramatically when music is playing to get my friends to laugh. I also do a lot of sing-alongs in my car. So I guess I "practice" whenever I'm driving. I have obviously bad singing days, though, when my acid reflux acts up (I often have severe reflux, into my throat), so some days I really suck, which is why I didn't really realize the potential until I recorded my voice on a good day. My gastro issues are getting under control now, so I'll hopefully keep improving.
Quote by Rox0r713
This is actually a really good foundation for some good stuff to happen with. I know you weren't totally taking it seriously, but in general, hold your notes out longer. Good pitch, you nailed the bluesy inflections on the bent notes. Pretty sweet.