Hey UG picked up a hardwire delay used from GC today and it eats batteries withing 5 minutes! Went through three of them in a 20 minute time span to make sure it the batteries weren't bad. Needless to say I will take it back tomorrow. I am needing to know if I get a delay that isn't true bypass and run it in my effects loop will it alter my primary tone when it is off? And if it doesn't what pedal would you guys recommend I liked the tape delay function on the hardwire.
Might wanna just buy one that has an AC adapter thinger.
Hi, you're better than me. Have a nice day!
Just get the AC adapter for the Hardwire.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
Quote by Strat007
Just get the AC adapter for the Hardwire.

I would like to but I think this one is defective and will take it back. I have owned many delay pedals over the years and not one ever wasted a battery in 5 minutes
Quote by B.Cross
I would like to but I think this one is defective and will take it back. I have owned many delay pedals over the years and not one ever wasted a battery in 5 minutes

That's probably just how the DL-8 is, I think I read somewhere that it operates at a higher voltage than most other pedals, so maybe that's why it eats batteries. You have a nice delay pedal there, much better than a digidelay imo, I'd just buy a power supply.
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
I can afford a digidelay an echo park and an ibanez de7 does anyone recommend one over the other and will they suck tone in the effects loop? I'm assuming that they won't since the loop is inbetween the preamp and the poweramp
Quote by B.Cross
I can afford a digidelay an echo park and an ibanez de7 does anyone recommend one over the other and will they suck tone in the effects loop? I'm assuming that they won't since the loop is inbetween the preamp and the poweramp

Well if you're set on getting a new pedal...I've heard really good things about the de7, even though it sucks a bit of tone when off. The effects loop is still part of the signal path so pedals will still suck tone.
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
Quote by edbert
That's probably just how the DL-8 is, I think I read somewhere that it operates at a higher voltage than most other pedals, so maybe that's why it eats batteries. You have a nice delay pedal there, much better than a digidelay imo, I'd just buy a power supply.

Yeah I will check with digitech tomorrow and find out if their pedal is supposed to eat a battery in 5 min lol, I guarantee you it's a bad one
just get a freaking power supply. if you refuse to do that, just don't use delay anymore. or buy an amp with built in delay.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Boss DD-6 eats batteries like candy. Get a power supply.
Guitars:
Ibanez JS1200
PRS SE EG S/S/H
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby 535q
TC Electronic Corona Chorus
Morley Little Alligator
Boss DD-6
Amp:
Carvin V3m
Carvin 212 cab