Hey there,

Sorry to make another one of these threads, but I'm lonely, with nobody else to turn to. Help please

So I'm going to school next year, and its a 1 year long course. As soon as I get out, I'm finally going to make some real money. I know I'm asking pretty early and the reason for that is where I live there aren't many guitar stores around. Its a 2 hour drive just to get to the closest shitty one lol.

So here's my criteria.

-Price: around 2000$ Canadian

-I play mainly metal. Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Children of Bodom, Lamb of God,
All That Remains. However occasionally I like to play some classic rock like Led
Zeppelin, Aerosmith and Guns n' Roses. Metal is the main focus however.

-Frets: 24. Has to be 24.

-Wood: Whatever is going to give me a good metal tone.

-Fretboard has to be rosewood or ebony. I can't stand maple ones.

-Tremolo- Has to be great. For 2000 I'm sure it will be.

-Shape, either a V, explorer, or a standard strat shape. No les pauls shapes.

And thats pretty much it. Now, i know the standard response I'm bound to get: "But bubbles, if you're spending 2000 dollars you should know what you want". Ok, and I appreciate your response but I'm just looking for some ideas. Obviously I've looked at many guitars.

Thank you in advance.
Custom made?
Contact this guy. I've been wanting one of his guitars forever.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
What's your amp at the moment? A MASSIVE portion of your tone comes from your amp.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
I see your from Newfoundlnad, where to?
Quote by Shinozoku
No, the guitar was built to play metal. Not pussy ass cowboy chords. They won't work on that guitar. Get a Gibson Hummingbird for that bullshit. .
UG'ers of Newfoundland
Quote by Koshman32
Custom made?

Those are sick guitars, a lot of other companies do custom orders too.

For that amount of money though, a real ESP would be great for metal and stuff. The Jackson soloist SLSMG is also freakin sweet.

Or you could get a high end LTD and get a kick ass amp to go with it.

Anyways, good luck with your decision!
Divider (Prog/Ambient Metal)

Guitars:
LTD TE-202
Schecter Sunset Extreme
Ibanez RG7321 w/ Crunch Lab & LiquiFire
Tanglewood Acoustic
Epiphone Acoustic (The Junker)
I'm from the Clarenville area a couple hours from town.

Thanks for the replies.
It would definitley be worth a trip to St.John's to check out some guitars, even the small local shops around here are great, you can get almost anything
Quote by Shinozoku
No, the guitar was built to play metal. Not pussy ass cowboy chords. They won't work on that guitar. Get a Gibson Hummingbird for that bullshit. .
UG'ers of Newfoundland
I've only been to the one that was out on Stavanger Drive.

Wheres the music city one located?

Oh to the amp questions i'm getting a new amp too and I play on spending 2 grand on that too. I currently just have a little roland 15x. And an Ibanez s470dxqm.
If im not mistaken Music City is somewhere around Water Street and Long and McQuade is located on Kenmount Road
Quote by Shinozoku
UG'ers of Newfoundland
I think if you want a good metal guitar, get one of these:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-SLSMG-Super-Lightweight-Soloist-Electric-Guitar?sku=520316

It was my first jackson guitar after a few Gibsons, and that opened up Fenders and Jacksons to me. It's got good stock pickups (ended up switching mine out for the Seymour Duncan Dave Mustaine Live Wires), 24 frets, but it's also a very lightweight guitar using the chamber design of many Gibsons. After this guitar, I sold my two Les Pauls and used them to help finance my Custom Jackson. It costs about $1000~ but it is definitely worth the money. Go with the satin black one, that's what I did.
Quote by Koshman32
Custom made?

+1

But I don't think he can get a custom job for $2000 to the specs he wants.

If you can, go for it, but if not, get an Ibanez J Custom RG! They are basically the highest quality Ibanez makes and can be had for right around $2000 used