So I want to get my first 7 string. It won't be for gigging, just for fooling around.
I don't want to spend a crazy amount of money being that I spend enough money on the stuff i actually use with my band, so what are some ok brands of somewhat inexpensive 7 strings.
Divider (Prog/Ambient Metal)

Guitars:
LTD TE-202
Schecter Sunset Extreme
Ibanez RG7321 w/ Crunch Lab & LiquiFire
Tanglewood Acoustic
Epiphone Acoustic (The Junker)
An Ibanez RG7321 or RGA7 would be good if you like the ibanez neck profile. The RG7321FM if you don't like plain black :P
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

You can track down a used Schecter 7 string. I got mine for $150. Im not a huge fan off it, but thats because i cant stand the neck. It could be a different story for anyone else though.
GEAR:
Ibanez Xiphos XPT750
ESP Ltd Viper 400
Egnater Rebel 30 112
Boss GE-7
Line 6 Uber Metal
Boss DD-7
I've found Agiles to be great instruments for the price though I'd recommend swap pups and electronics.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Like the first reply said track down a used Ibby RG76XX. Still some if the best sevens ever built IMO and they can be had fairly cheap.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500

Peavey 5150
Yamaha THR10x
used ibanez RG7's (any of them will do). well built and very comfortable to play. even though you'll only be goofing off, its still worth it to get a decent instrument so you can really assess whether you like it or not

other than that, schecter, ltd and agile all make decent 7's for reasonable prices (me likes the new LTD-1000's with FR trems...)
From your sig, you seem to enjoy schecters, why not get a schecter 7 string?
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
Last edited by shaggydogJV at Apr 18, 2011,
Quote by coolstoryangus
Track down a used MIJ ibanez rg7621/7421
can usually be had for pretty cheap.

+2

I cannot stress enough, a MIJ RG + pickup swap =
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
If you like Schecters you can get them used for cheap. I got a used 7 string by them for 150. It was a mid range instruiment but a bargin for the price. I would say you could get a new one for about 500 to 700 (I don't know if they still make 300 7s). Since you didn't list your full budget I'd say that would do you good.
hmm if you really want something that is bang for your buck get Schecter Jeff Loomis sig guitar just like I did!! There is a satisfaction guarantee

Gear
Schecter Jeff Loomis NT (7 string bad-ass)
Esp Ltd Deluxe MH-1000 FR
ENGL Screamer 50
Quote by Rangor6363
If you wanna learn how to play something, first you gotta listen it!

Last.fm