Page 1 of 3
Now, I know most of you are probably going to see the title and immediately cast this thread off as being batshit insane, but hear me out for a second...

So, in case you haven't seen the video from Jerusalem here it is...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ggzl8z9Csho

This one video made me believe in UFO's, and the fact that it was right above the Dome of the Rock made me wonder... What if all religions in the world came from aliens?

It's pretty obvious that we aren't the only intelligent life in the universe. There are billions of galaxies and to think that were the only intelligent life is just ludicrous.

All religions pretty much have the same view on angels. They come down from the sky, or heavens, and they are illuminated in a very bright light. Not to mention certain spacecraft looking vehicles in religious murals, as seen in the photo below.

I don't really have a whole lot of info to back this claim up, but I'm really just wanting to hear your guy's opinion on this. It seems like it could be an interesting discussion. This video just really got me thinking.

EDIT: I NEVER WATCHED ANCIENT ALIENS. I UNDERSTAND NOW THAT THE WHOLE SERIES WAS ABOUT THIS.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Last edited by IMABBALLPLAYER at Apr 17, 2011,
Stargate.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Nah, probably not.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I should have posted this in the Drug Thread.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
TS, sorry to say, you're not the first person to think that.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
I'm a big believer of this stuff, but many are not.

That's all I'm gonna say.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Its possible.

And in fact I find it rather likely, but like you yourself said TS, most think its batshit insane. But with little proof leaning in any direction, its hard to say for sure.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

You might just be on to something, TS.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Ancient peoples also had imaginations. I'll give you a second to take that in.
Check out my band Disturbed
I'm not going to lie, the idea that angels may have been aliens isn't completely insane. It's like something out of a short story or Kurt Vonnegut novel in the sense that it would be logical, but in a figurative way.

Still, that's a cool concept no matter what.
I think the issue with the plausibility of aliens visiting is not that the vastness of the universe does not guarantee that there is other intelligent life. I think the issue is that the distance between solar systems makes it so that the chance of contact during a civilization's lifetime is quite slim. Check the Drake Equation.

EDIT: Also, read the book "Childhoods End" by Aurther C Clarke. Same idea as you are stating here.
Last edited by kaptkegan at Apr 17, 2011,
This is the entire premise of the show Ancient Aliens on History Channel.
Eschquipment:
Epiphone SG400
Peavy Vypr 30 watt
Dean Vendetta XM

and thats about it...
Quote by StewieSwan

What the common belief is though, is that due to so many different cultures having such a similar imagination at the same time, there would be a strong likelyhood of an outside influence. IE, aliens.

Thats essentially the theory

Quote by kaptkegan
I think the issue with the plausibility of aliens visiting is not that the vastness of the universe does not guarantee that there is other intelligent life. I think the issue is that the distance between solar systems makes it so that the chance of contact during a civilization's lifetime is quite slim. Check the Drake Equation.

We just managed to teleport light. It's still widely considered that humans are rather barbaric. Who's to say that something out there isn't millenia ahead of us, and managed to find a way to move faster than the speed of light? And honestly, who are we to say that's impossible? Just over one hundred years ago humans didn't think we'd be able to fly through the air at over 600 mph and faster.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Last edited by valennic at Apr 17, 2011,
Quote by StewieSwan

Hey, at least I'm using mine.

Quote by Arca301
This is the entire premise of the show Ancient Aliens on History Channel.

I'm gonna be honest. I've never watched that show. Not even once. I always saw it on tv though.

Last edited by IMABBALLPLAYER at Apr 17, 2011,
Why not believe in bigfoot, crop circles, and lochness monster too? No one has proof of UFOs has ever seen one or any evidence. Just a bunch of conspiracy theories to try to explain things that we can not.
Quote by kaptkegan

Don't bother, because it's pseudo-scientific horse shit.

Quote by valennic
What the common belief is though, is that due to so many different cultures having such a similar imagination at the same time, there would be a strong likelyhood of an outside influence. IE, aliens.

Thats essentially the theory

Another common belief that many ancient cultures shared is the idea that the stars are celestial beings. That doesn't make it any more valid.
Last edited by StewieSwan at Apr 17, 2011,
This is exactly what the Ancient Alien dudes on History Channel are always blabbering on about.

*edit*

Wow, double ninja'ed
Schecter C-1 Elite-->BOSS ME-20-->B-52 AT100 2x12

Quote by laid-to-waste
Extremely attractive woman.
extremely attractive
oh baby
EDIT: you're a guy. shit.
...an extremely attractive guy.
extremely attractive
oh baby

E-Paramour of Andrea55
Last edited by Beautiful at Apr 17, 2011,
according to the catholic church i grew up with the earth was the center of the universe, i follow everything i am told by my spiritual leaders blindly and question nothing. life only exists on earth and to think otherwise is blasphemous. i have no outside thought other than what i am told, i ignore all facts and physical proof as i have faith. science is a fraud and should be outlawed by the government, perhaps when conservatives return to power. excuse me, i have to go watch fox news, then pray and get right with jesus prior to resting.
Quote by rgrockr
TS, sorry to say, you're not the first person to think that.

...Chandler?!

I won't agree until I see a big 1x3x9 black monolith.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
I agree that other intelligent life probably exists somewhere in the universe, but for them to visit would most likely be physically impossible. Even travelling at the speed of light, getting to another solar system would take years, and if a planet is a billion light years away that means that you'd have to go at a billion times the speed of light for a year, and then somehow slow down... it's against the laws of physics, really (at least from my understanding of them). And I'm not totally convinced that wormholes are real.
The show Ancient Aliens talks about pretty much all you've mentioned and in greater detail, but for all we know it could all be coincidences etc. Personally i believe there's life out there and i enjoy watching videos of UFOs whether they are fake or not but i don't spend too much time on them, the proof will come to us eventually, so for now, i sit back and i don't argue with anyone about this stuff.
Quote by Fabrizet
Why not believe in bigfoot, crop circles, and lochness monster too? No one has proof of UFOs has ever seen one or any evidence. Just a bunch of conspiracy theories to try to explain things that we can not.

Same can be said for a lot of things. Doesn't stop millions of people from believing in and spreading them every day does it? Everyone has a right to believe in something, and frankly no one can really disprove most of it.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by lagoon380
according to the catholic church i grew up with the earth was the center of the universe, i follow everything i am told by my spiritual leaders blindly and question nothing. life only exists on earth and to think otherwise is blasphemous. i have no outside thought other than what i am told, i ignore all facts and physical proof as i have faith. science is a fraud and should be outlawed by the government, perhaps when conservatives return to power. excuse me, i have to go watch fox news, then pray and get right with jesus prior to resting.

You'll have to try harder than that man...
Quote by Fabrizet

Watch the video I posted. I don't understand how you couldn't believe in UFO's after seeing that. 3 different people recorded the same flying anomaly.

i watched an entire special on this topic.

the picture of the wacky hair doo guy up there is from it

also the pics of the spaceships on the painting was in it

your not very original, TS
Quote by rickyj
i watched an entire special on this topic.

the picture of the wacky hair doo guy up there is from it

also the pics of the spaceships on the painting was in it

your not very original, TS

I never even said I was the person who came up with this idea.

Quote by valennic
Same can be said for a lot of things. Doesn't stop millions of people from believing in and spreading them every day does it? Everyone has a right to believe in something, and frankly no one can really disprove most of it.

You can believe in it, but saying that it can't be disproven is kind of bullshit. It can't be proven either
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
It's an interesting theory, but it also seems like it could just be a coincedence. I for one, do believe some form of like exists beyond our world, even if their simply microorganisms, but the idea of them coming to Earth and inspiring religion just seems a bit far-fetched to me. But I will not completely reject the possibility.
So, a lot of you seem to think it's implausible that aliens would come to earth. However, aren't we pretty much doing the same thing? Who's to say that they weren't just coming to earth to research it?

Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
So, a lot of you seem to think it's implausible that aliens would come to earth. However, aren't we pretty much doing the same thing? Who's to say that they weren't just coming to earth to research it?

It's not that the motive is implausible, it's the physics of it. The distance even to the closest solar system is simply too great for us, and if I'm not mistaken the closest known Goldilocks planet is light years away.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER

When did we visit another planet?
Quote by StewieSwan
When did we visit another planet?

Rovers on Mars? We haven't physically walked on other planets, but it's not like we aren't trying to get there.

Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
Rovers on Mars? We haven't physically walked on other planets, but it's not like we aren't trying to get there.

But what argument do you have toward the physical impossibility of visiting a solar system hundreds of light years away? Or would you rather continue to ignore this little problem?
Quote by D&DLover
You can believe in it, but saying that it can't be disproven is kind of bullshit. It can't be proven either

That....was sorta my point

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by rgrockr
But what argument do you have toward the physical impossibility of visiting a solar system hundreds of light years away? Or would you rather continue to ignore this little problem?

I'm not gonna lie, I don't really have an argument towards that, and I wish I did. All I could really think of is if another highly advanced alien race had found a way to travel light at light speed.

Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
I'm not gonna lie, I don't really have an argument towards that, and I wish I did. All I could really think of is if another highly advanced alien race had found a way to travel light at light speed.

I think relativity makes it physically impossibe to travel at light speed, and even IF you could travel that fast, it STILL wouldn't be fast enough to visit the vast, vast majority of solar systems in the universe. The only plausible scientific explanation would probably be wormholes, but at this point I believe they're a completely hypothetical phenomenon.
Page 1 of 3