ok so i just had this crazy idea and im not even sure how you could pull it off if its even possible.

so first off i currently own a peavey 6534+ and a mesa cab. and this isnt always practical for playing quietly (especially around the midnight hours....) so im thinking of getting an axefx or a POD HD500 when i can. but if i get the axefx i could integrate it into my live rig. but heres where itd get confusing. and im pretty sure id need atleast another cab for this but anyways heres the idea

6534+ as the main clean and dirty sounds, using the axefx as an effects unit.
but then have the same unit able to switch to my stand alone sound where im still using the same unit and same floor baord for it. so the axefx would be in the effects loop of my 6534+ but at the same time, hooked up to a power amp (or the power amp of my 6534+) and possibly into a different cab where it could stand alone with out the 6534 preamp.

heres what woul be available for this setup:
the 6534
axefx
6534 footswitch
axefx footcontroller
a power amp for the axe fx if needed
a second cab if needed
any line switchers/ABY boxes that would be needed

also another thing im curious about, the axefx has inbaord noisegates, but could i use them on my 6534 if the axefx is in the fx loop of my peavey? if this is possible, how could i elimiate a boost pedal from my pedal baord and get it into the axefx?
What's the point of the 6534?

Axefx + power amp = done...
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
because i love my 6534 and have no problem with the sounds im getting from it? but things like delays choruses and all that stuff would be nice without a mile long pedal board

also ivee never play an uberschall but from what i gather, thats the closest thing out there to a 6534+
this might sound stupid, but ima take a guess and put the cleanest sound possible on the axe fx and cancel out the eq (if thats possible), program your effects chain....and run it through the FX Loop?

could just be blowing smoke here
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
honestly, i have played tons of 65XX 51XX amps, and unless you are super noise restrainted, it should be perfectly fine for those hours.

i play very quietly in respect of my household until 4am-5am some nights, often on a high gain amp.

will it sound as good? no. but IMO it sounds good enough to not necessitate spending shy of $2k.

have you thought about an isocab? i don't have one and have never used one, but that might be a good suggestion.

the only reason why i am saying all of this is because if you are damn near 100% satisfied with your tone, there is no need to get anything different.

/trashed's $.02
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Seanthesheep
things like delays choruses and all that stuff would be nice without a mile long pedal board

try an M9 or M13.
m9 and 13 sound digitalllll
get a tc electronic gm2 instead
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
Quote by deepsal

i said try.
Same!
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
no you said get.

either way, i don't think the TS needs a snax for what he wants to do. (some delay and chorus) i mean, sure it would do what he wants but it seems like overkill.

but if you want to pay $2k for a multi-effect, have at it.
Quote by deepsal

This. As an M9 user, I will indeed have to say that the only good effects on there are the delays, reverbs, and a few of the modulation effects (the wah's are decent, but you can only use Line 6's shitty foot controller if you want it to work correctly). The distortion and OD presets are terrible (not that you'd need them) and there are only 3 chorus settings: one is too subtle, one is horribly fake sounding, and the third sounds good if you set it right, but it's too sensitive and is hard to get a perfect sound with it.

Also have a look at the T.C. Nova System. It has all the features of the G Major but in a stompbox form, plus the distortion and OD are analog.
Stop poking me

Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
Last edited by deepsal at Apr 18, 2011,