So last August, after hearing people rant and rave about the quality of Agile guitars, I took the plunge and bought one:

http://www.rondomusic.com/al3000rghtleft.html

I noticed immediately that the "G" string was giving me a lot of buzz, so I paid to have the axe professionally set up. To no avail. So now it is April and 4 set ups total by 2 different Guitar Doc's, later ...

Any ideas to what is wrong? lol

~Thanks, Matt
well, a couple questions:

1) where is the buzz coming from? is it fret buzz or is it coming from elsewhere. If you have a properly cut nut, its pretty tough to make a tune-o-matic equipped guitar have only 1 string buzz. it could be loose machine head or a loose bridge screw (my gretsch suffers from this)
2) is the nut cut properly? if the nut is cut too low, you'll have to get a new nut installed (super cheap, almost always worthwhile anyways)
3) is there buzz on the other strings? if so, how sever is it? does it center around the same part of the fretboard?
Your guitar docs aren't very good if they have fixed it 4 times and its still buzzing. or they're bs'ing you for your money.

The frets could be messed up. Either a fluke while making it, or they got pushed too far to one side due to shipping issues :P

The guitar itself could just be a fluke make. Have you contacted Agile/rondomusic about this?
Are you sure its fret buzz and not a loose part that's just rattling on your guitar like a pickup selector switch tip? I mistook fret buzz for a rattling tuner once (No string was on it) It does happen.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
krehzeekid:
Nope only the "G" String buzzes, and it is more noticeable the closer my ear gets to the bridge/pick-up zone (lol no idea what to call it)

Nirvana00125:
I don't think its a messed up fret since the buzz happens while playing the string open, or anywhere for that matter

Yeah, I have contacted Kurt today, still waiting for his reply though.

Gargoyle2500:
I have no idea if there's a loose part, I don't know the first thing about guitar internals
(I was even scared when I removed the pick guard to see how it looked haha)

Thanks guys
~Matt
Quote by MatHero
krehzeekid:
Nope only the "G" String buzzes, and it is more noticeable the closer my ear gets to the bridge/pick-up zone (lol no idea what to call it)

Nirvana00125:
I don't think its a messed up fret since the buzz happens while playing the string open, or anywhere for that matter

Yeah, I have contacted Kurt today, still waiting for his reply though.

Gargoyle2500:
I have no idea if there's a loose part, I don't know the first thing about guitar internals
(I was even scared when I removed the pick guard to see how it looked haha)

Thanks guys
~Matt

if it's buzzing there, not on the frets, something is loose. take it to a different tech if you aren't comfortable checking for yourself
I get the feeling it might be the G string saddle or screw. Or maybe the string is ringing against a pickup pole piece? The pole piece would have to be pretty high up for that to happen.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Last edited by Gargoyle2500 at Apr 18, 2011,