Okay - recently got a new audio interface to record with - and I need a couple of opinions. First and foremost Id like you guys, if you could, to rate the overall quality of this riff and I also need opinions on my tone - good, bad, etc etc.

This is an original riff of mine Im currently working with, and its just a few moments of it, the clean part is the intro riff and the distorted part is the main riff.

Distortion wise Im kinda goin for a mix of djent, melodic death metal, deathcore, and NWOAHM.

Thanks in advance.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13321068/Untitled%20I.wav
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
The distorted tone reminds me of a band called Hatesphere with their song "Disbeliever". Your tone it goes well the style, but it's still a little thin.

(but only a little)
Last edited by dogmax at Apr 18, 2011,
Quote by dogmax
The distorted tone reminds me of a band called Hatesphere with their song "Disbeliever". Your tone it goes well the style, but it's still a little thin.

(but only a little)

What do you think it needs? I originally had too much gain and it was all muddy and what-not.. I finally rolled the gain back and started double tracking to thicken it a bit.
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Quote by Lovecannon
What do you think it needs? I originally had too much gain and it was all muddy and what-not.. I finally rolled the gain back and started double tracking to thicken it a bit.

lower the treble a tad, throw some more mids in there. they really add that extra growl i think it would sound good, looking forward to some clips
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED