Well, I've seen all sorts of tips and rules on where to rest or not rest your picking hand on your guitar, and I honestly cannot find where they agree. Well, most of them say that pinky anchoring is bad. That I get. But then there's all this, like, "Don't rest your hand anywhere, keep it hovering over the strings and mute when you need to", but that kills my hand when it's "hovering" for more than fifteen minutes, and then there's "Rest your palm on the strings, it'll keep your strings not ringing", but then my guitar makes a scraping noise when i'm moving my hand a bit to reach different strings. So I'm essentially asking, where the hell am I supposed to put my hand!?!

I'm guessing the palm on the strings is probably right, but I may be doing something wrong. If you have tips on that, it'd be great.
I rest my hand on the verge between the strings and the bridge in a palm-mute position. It works really well for me.
You only put your palm on the strings for certain techniques, and if it's causing noise you're probably damping too heavily or with too much of your hand. Generally it's best to just keep your picking hand off the guitar.
I rest mine right on the bridge of my les paul, which is very comfortable and it doesn't affect the strings and If I have to mute the strings i just move my hand forward half an inch or so. Anything that feels natural to you and works is fine really. You're hand will have to be in different spots for different techniques anyways. just put it somewhere that doesn't make it sound like ass and feels comfortable.
GEAR:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Deluxe
ESP LTD EX-360
Peavey VYPYR 30W

"There's nothing constant in the universe.
All ebb and flow, and every shape that's born,
bears in it's womb, the seeds of change".
Really? Doesn't it get really tiring if you keep you hand off the guitar? It also seems kinda hard for me to keep my hand in place when it's "hovering". How do you do it?
i usually rest on the bridge, or i let my forearm rest on the body of the guitar
Quote by BloodReverence
I rest my hand on the verge between the strings and the bridge in a palm-mute position. It works really well for me.

this. it works very well for me and it's very comfortable and makes changing strings quikly easier for me.
My sig? Nice.
Quote by Apples on Cacti
Really? Doesn't it get really tiring if you keep you hand off the guitar? It also seems kinda hard for me to keep my hand in place when it's "hovering". How do you do it?

I've never felt like my arm was tired, no. Keeping my hand in the proper general area is just a matter of control. I struggled with it at first but now it's natural.

It doesn't make much difference either way tbh - you'll never notice the tension's effect on your playing ability unless you're shredding at your absolute limits. I do think playing with your hand off the guitar body is more comfortable overall since it reduces tension, but anchoring is an easy habit to pick up when you're starting out and it's a pain to unlearn
This is more of a habit thing, there is no right positions, its what works for you, and you should try what is most comfortable for you. On the way you will encounter a few problems maybe, you could tweak that position a bit or try something diffrent.

If you look at all sorts of guitarists over the world, almost no one has got the same way of picking strings.