There was a huge thunderstorm last night, I was playing through my new Vox Valvetronix at the time, and there was a power surge. The amp turned off and then back on really quickly. I don't know if it's damaged, I mean, I can't tell yet, but I mean I'm just worried the sound quality would have been damaged.

Just wondering if a small 2 second surge could affect the amp? should I not worry???
You should probably, you know, get a surge protector. Also, not playing during a storm is probably a good idea. To your question though, you most likely would already notice a problem if there was one so you should be fine.
okay, i was just worried because it was an expensive and brand new amp. i mean, it still functions, i was just afraid something like the speaker would be affected and the tone wouldnt be as good
Hopefully a fuse would blow before any damage comes to your amp from surges. If it is functioning ok now, then its likely no harm came to your amp.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Kivarenn82
Hopefully a fuse would blow before any damage comes to your amp from surges. If it is functioning ok now, then its likely no harm came to your amp.

This.
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
Quote by meonme
You should probably, you know, get a surge protector. Also, not playing during a storm is probably a good idea. To your question though, you most likely would already notice a problem if there was one so you should be fine.

+1,000 even with surge protectors, up until i got this monsterous APC unit (with batter backup), which is next ran into another round of surge protecters into my amps, i would unplug every time there was a storm, or whenever not in use.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/