Guys oh my god im with out headphones for my line 6 xt live middle of the night playing they broke 5 mins ago and now i feal suicidal they cost me 9 pounds cries.time for a better pair that will last more than 2 minites my budget max is 40 pounds what should i get guys and gals need em fast omg not being able to play guitar at 6 in the morning sucks
I use a pair of ATH-T22 which are pretty cheap and do a good job monitoring/jamming. I think they cost me under $50 CAD.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
I usually start with this site:
http://headphones.com.au/pbrowse?catID=1&price=range1&sort=recommended

Hit the recommended tab and choose a price range as I've done. You can look through other categories too to see what else is on offer.

The Shures aren't actually that great, so from that list I can recommend:

Sennheiser HD201:
I own a pair. They're incredibly cheap; got mine for $30 AUD. Solidly built for the price, reasonably comfortable and the sound is surprisingly balanced and detailed. Not the loudest headphone, not the bassiest; but they're fantastic for the money. I've used them for guitar practice and they work well for that.

Sennheiser HD202:
A friend has a pair and I find them a bit of a step up from the 201s. They may also fall in your budget. A bit better looking, and they have more bass presence. Also a good headphone for the money. They're not on that site I linked BTW as they don't stock them.

Koss KSC 75:
If you don't require the noise isolation canalphones offer, but want something more portable these are a good bet. Both sennheisers are closed back, while these are open and that tends to give a better soundstage. However, you do get more bass presence from closed back phones.

I haven't had direct experience with the Koss 'phones, but heard great things about them.

That site I linked is Aussie BTW, so it'll be cheaper down your end... you can't buy it from them internationally though I think. So yeah, look for a good headphone dealer near you. You may be able to use Amazon to find them? I Had a quick look and they were all around 20 pounds.

^Also, the ATH-T22s are worth a look. Audio-Technica make some fantastic headphones. My main pair is the legendary ATH-A900s

Look at a whole bunch of reviews, cnet kind of stuff as well as expert hi-fi mags to see what kind of sound you'd prefer, as well as getting an idea of user satisfaction.
Good Luck!
Last edited by baumaxx1 at Apr 18, 2011,
Sennheiser's really are good, I also really like WESC headphones.

Keep away from Skullcandy, sound aint that great and they've the structural integrity of jelly.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by Rosewood55
Guys oh my god im with out headphones for my line 6 xt live middle of the night playing they broke 5 mins ago and now i feal suicidal they cost me 9 pounds cries.time for a better pair that will last more than 2 minites my budget max is 40 pounds what should i get guys and gals need em fast omg not being able to play guitar at 6 in the morning sucks

I think this is what he meant.

Quote by Rosewood55,Translated
Gentleman, I am extremely distraught due to the failure of my headphones that I use with my Line 6 XT Live late at night. They broke recently, and I am considering ending my life, as they cost 9 Pounds. At this point, I plan to upgrade to a more durable pair; my maximum budget is 40 Pounds. What suggestions do you ladies and gentleman have? Speedy acquisition is paramount, as being unable to play guitar early in the morning is frustrating.
Quote by mattocaster99
I think this is what he meant.

TS: I have some EXTREMELY sarcastic responses backed up for you, but I'll bite my tongue this time. I have to ask though... Why would you go suicidal over 9 pounds. That's the price of a set of headphones you would EXPECT to break.

As I'm in the states, I can't really help you.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
i guess i was just way to frugal i need to be a bit more willing to spend more .i was just buying the crapest ones i could find atm the time.ta for the recommendations tho guys thanks
i love threads that start off omfg...
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I won't pay more then 40 for headphone myself. I either step on them or the cat will chew through them.

Sennheiser are great for the money. I bought myself a pair and liked them so much I bought my little brother a set.
thanks guys i have settled with some Sennheiser HD 465 i have read a few reviews that say there ok etc i like how u can replace the cable as .tbh 9/10 times thats why my others died.